• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto (and surrounding areas) shops to visit?

55 posts in this topic

Silver Snail usually has a midnight sale during the con at their store where you can find great deals and massive discounts.

Oh really? not sure I want to be walking down Dundas Ave with any amount of money after midnight lol

What are they selling tho? All the good stuff is always at the con. Went on a Monday last year, day after and not even a single slab in the place!

Can I nominate my shop :wishluck:

175,000+ books in my dollar bins (Silver, Bronze, Copper and Moderns)

An inventory that contains a near full Marvel Silver and bronze run

The largest selection of keys in the city

An inventory that currently has about 300 CGC slabs

Jim

Times have changed.

Silver snail, dragon lady and grey region were my weekly stops. Now only the snail survived.

If Yonge and Lawrence is the location of the best comic shop in Toronto then times must be rough. Rent must be murder.

The biggest city in Canada and the best shops are in Kitchener and Hamilton.

Jim

Where are you located Jim?

I only get to toronto once a year for fan expo but id love to come check out your shop!

Jim

I only get to toronto once a year for fan expo but id love to come check out your shop!

In Pickering, on the east side of the city about 5 minutes past the zoo. I'd even open up after hours to accommodate board members.

Jim

Jim

In Pickering, on the east side of the city about 5 minutes past the zoo. I'd even open up after hours to accommodate board members.

Jim

Will you buy me dinner?

Jim

Jim

Seriously? You're in Pickering?

I'm down visiting my aunt at the cul de sac on Charnwood Court off White's Road several times a year...never knew you were in Pickering too.

I'll have to drop in on my next visit...will you buy me dinner too? :D

My store is about 1 hour north of Toronto, 90 minutes from Hamilton. I have oodles of quality silver and bronze, slabs, keys, dollar stuff, all sorts of good books.

It is Big B Comics in Barrie. 241 Essa Road. Easy access right off the highway.

A lot of people here mention Big B Comics in Hamilton. I owned that store with my former partner Walter and ran all 3 stores from 2000 up until last year. Definitely go check him out in Hamilton. He's got a good selection of stuff. Niagara is not worth the drive if you are only looking for old books.

I won't be exhibiting at Fan Expo so you don't have to worry about my store being empty either.

Jim

Jim

Will you buy me dinner?

+1

Glad this thread popped up. I was thinking of making an excursion or two to a few stores before Fan Expo. Looking for the few vintage X-Men I need listed in my sig line. I had dropped by Pendragon when I was driving home from the Downtown area the other day. Didn't enjoy the vibe. Some nice books but not enough CGC and not even worth haggling with. Guy at the counter made me feel like he didn't even want me in his store.

Jim

Next time I am visiting my sister and brother in law in Ajax I will try to stop in :foryou:

Glad this thread popped up. I was thinking of making an excursion or two to a few stores before Fan Expo. Looking for the few vintage X-Men I need listed in my sig line. I had dropped by Pendragon when I was driving home from the Downtown area the other day. Didn't enjoy the vibe. Some nice books but not enough CGC and not even worth haggling with. Guy at the counter made me feel like he didn't even want me in his store.

Everyone I know who has been to that store says the same thing. I tried buying a couple books once but apparently nothing was for sale.

Jim

Jim

burt-ward-robin-the-boy-wonder-Batman-TV_zps0jxzus7j.jpg

hm

I have a family pass for the zoo... this is a place where my family can go...

Holy Disappearing Act!

Jim

Jim

What are your Saturday hours?

Jim

Jim

Jim will you build an online presence? I'd like to see these 300 slabs that you have for sale, some picture frame books I suspect. :wishluck:

Random question: anyone know of any stores that also have old toys, specifically GI Joe action figures from the eighties. My five year old son is fascinated with my old toys and I want to buy him some more. We are just west of Toronto.

Jim

Jim

Jim will you build an online presence? I'd like to see these 300 slabs that you have for sale, some picture frame books I suspect. :wishluck:

Peter, not to turn this into a sales thread but go to Bob Storms site, in advanced search check off Canada as the location code and all the slabs will come up as well as another 1,000 books of 15,000 that HighGrade and Guardian co own together.

Jim