• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A-1 Comics

28 posts in this topic

I have to head down to Sacramento next week and wanted to stop by A-1 Comics. Given my time constraints, I can only go to either the Sacramento store or the Roseville store. I was leaning towards the Sacramento store, but I wanted to get others opinions.

You want to go to Auburn, Sac.

The store used to be a bank, now converted into a large comic store.

Yes Brian has tons of GA. You might call before you go and he might be able to set something up/ pull books etc.

Yes he has tons of GA. You might call before you go and he might be able to set something up/ pull books etc.

+1

I've been in up there twice to see GA books and they didn't very have much as Terry wasn't there and everything was locked up.

You should call ahead to make sure they have something for you to look at. The good stuff may be locked in the vault or with him if he is at a show.

Yes Brian has tons of GA. You might call before you go and he might be able to set something up/ pull books etc.

good choice

Sacramento for sure. The thing is Brian has so much in the vault he "discovers" new stuff randomly that he didn't know he had. Roseville is more for card games and mainly moderns. I go there weekly and they usually get the overflow of what Sacramento doesn't want.

Also if he's not there the staff won't price out something out of the vault he hasn't looked at. Plan accordingly and call him ahead of time. Also check their ebay store. His wife runs it and if there is something you want, give them some notice since those items aren't typically stored onsite.

Also if he's not there the staff won't price out something out of the vault he hasn't looked at. Plan accordingly and call him ahead of time. Also check their ebay store. His wife runs it and if there is something you want, give them some notice since those items aren't typically stored onsite.

Thanks for the advice. I will call ahead for sure.

Yup, for GA/SA you want to go to the Sac store on Auburn Blvd. The Roseville store is mainly BA/MA and gaming folks there. I would call the Sac store and ask for Brian Peets, because if he is not there, then the vault is not open. There are still decent vintage wall books and boxes to access, but all the better material is kept in the vault (which is only open if Brian is at the store).

I chatted with zzutak a long while back and can't recall if same fellow but if he is, he owns the Central Valley Tec 44 9.4 and Tec 46 9.6.

Just wow.

Brian was the original buyer of the Central Valley collection. I thought it was all sold but I'm not surprised if he kept a few. He's a great guy to deal with and has an extensive amount of GA in his vault. Well worth going by if you are in town.

I can also vouch for A-1. Brian was the first dealer I contacted when I was interested in selling some of my collection back in 2005. I offered him about forty GA DCs and a complete run of SA Fantastic Four with many issues from 3-30 in high grade, plus a near-complete SA-BA run of ASM. I wrote down a price range for what I wanted on a slip of paper before he arrived, and he offered me a price that was right in the middle. I've periodically purchased from him since. It's cool to visit, if only to see the legendary bank vault!