• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

I guess Web of Mystery #27 is the new Major Inapak, or at least Thing #16.

Cool cover though.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Horror-Sci-Fi/70/m.html?item=112139984030&hash=item1a1c105c9e%3Ag%3A6w4AAOSwAPlXh8wy&_ssn=autobotsempire

The juxtaposition of these two lines is priceless:

RARE

I have Multiple Copies Over 150

lol

A copy of Ghost Comics 6 in raw fine sold on the ha weekly for, ready?, $1912.00.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/horror/ghost-6-fiction-house-1953-condition-fn/a/121638-13304.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

Here's my copy.

ghostcomics5.jpg

Beautiful book! :applause: The body position of the lady in red is especially well done. She's clearly in... agony? :blush:

A copy of Ghost Comics 6 in raw fine sold on the ha weekly for, ready?, $1912.00.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/horror/ghost-6-fiction-house-1953-condition-fn/a/121638-13304.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

Here's my copy.

ghostcomics5.jpg

Beautiful book! :applause: The body position of the lady in red is especially well done. She's clearly in... agony? :blush:

No, she is trying to recoil in disgust but she is struggling because of her bondage!

I recognize that look from when I ...err...nevermind.

Crazy, crazy price. Probably went to a guy who has been looking for 5+ years for the right copy, loves pre-code horror and Maurice Whitman art and was tired of this particular hole in his collection. Betting this guy saw the book and decided that, just this one time, he was going to bid to win even though it goes against his somewhat cheap nature because he knows he hasn't had many (any) shots at similar copies despite looking hard.

Just guessing. Pure speculation.

:shy:

Crazy, crazy price. Probably went to a guy who has been looking for 5+ years for the right copy, loves pre-code horror and Maurice Whitman art and was tired of this particular hole in his collection. Betting this guy saw the book and decided that, just this one time, he was going to bid to win even though it goes against his somewhat cheap nature because he knows he hasn't had many (any) shots at similar copies despite looking hard.

:o

Oh snap. :applause:

Congrats Andy!

It looks like a killer copy; gotta be a bit better than Fine unless there's some sort of back cover issue.

Even Hollywood wouldn't fall for that story.

Must be some billionaire who has now entered the precode horror market. :kidaround:

That will look great on the stairs.

Even Hollywood wouldn't fall for that story.

Must be some billionaire who has now entered the precode horror market. :kidaround:

What about the billionaire who underbid him? Maybe he wants my copy.

Here's mine. Admittedly quite the rag, but at least I have one. I had always wanted to upgrade it, but the better copies just kept eluding me, always going for more than I was willing to pay, and now it looks like the "value" is permanently in the stratosphere.

atm1x4.jpg

Fifties recent pick up of issue one of Mysteries Weird and Strange got me to pull out some of my issues of that run, great stories in most issues coloring sometimes a little off but I always felt Superior's line of Horror comics were always fun to pick up and with the explosion of realized prices on Atlas books still affordable.

165141.jpg.5fec0790e8a8d38189ac4bb5acba7502.jpg

165142.jpg.859c6749f92928747a1667a62ca06f5e.jpg

165145.jpg.9e57b4c08767c17e505bd0a643a4aa04.jpg