• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

Been digging the horror books lately. One I picked up recently. Decided my white whale is going to be a Suspense 3.

image_zpsy5uruoxp.jpeg

image_zpstjqdvtse.jpeg

image_zpsnoffzfd0.jpeg

image_zpstk6ayvji.jpeg

image_zpsnhqdbxj9.jpeg

image_zpsuilsgj8d.jpeg

Great pickup! You really can't go wrong with Eerie; decent artwork and generally good stories.

Master of the Dead is good, but Snake Eyes of Doom is just a killer story!

Chris C. with Bedrock City "warned" me that many collectors eventually end up in the Golden Age. Well, here's my first PCH purchase, and certainly not my last. I feel lucky to have snagged my absolute favorite PCH cover (of those I've seen, anyway) right off the bat, because my budget drives me toward "beat but complete" copies. This one was the right mixture of price and condition/eye appeal, and I couldn't be happier! :cloud9:

29703847696_a8940449b7_b.jpg

Edited by Vorpal

Chris C. with Bedrock City "warned" me that many collectors eventually end up in the Golden Age. Well, here's my first PCH purchase, and certainly not my last. I feel lucky to have snagged my absolute favorite PCH cover (of those I've seen, anyway) right off the bat, because my budget drives me toward "beat but complete" copies. This one was right mixture of price and condition/eye appeal, and I couldn't be happier! :cloud9:

Very cool book to start!

Chris C. with Bedrock City "warned" me that many collectors eventually end up in the Golden Age. Well, here's my first PCH purchase, and certainly not my last. I feel lucky to have snagged my absolute favorite PCH cover (of those I've seen, anyway) right off the bat, because my budget drives me toward "beat but complete" copies. This one was right mixture of price and condition/eye appeal, and I couldn't be happier! :cloud9:

Very cool book to start!

+1 with such a classic as the foundation of your collection, please let us know what else you buy. It's always interesting to see what a newcomer likes :)

Chris C. with Bedrock City "warned" me that many collectors eventually end up in the Golden Age. Well, here's my first PCH purchase, and certainly not my last. I feel lucky to have snagged my absolute favorite PCH cover (of those I've seen, anyway) right off the bat, because my budget drives me toward "beat but complete" copies. This one was the right mixture of price and condition/eye appeal, and I couldn't be happier! :cloud9:

You could not have picked a cooler cover for your first PCH pickup. I love that book-congrats!

:applause:

Thought I'd post #13, after seeing 14 and 15 posted.

Love the Eerie's.

Such a great run of books. And one I can contribute to:

photo EERIE 1 FC_zps4qalji6z.jpeg

And what a great contribution! All time classic granddaddy of them all, congrats on a sweet copy!

As others have said, great book. That cover has a lot going for it; lady in red, skulls, drowning and rotting corpse! Welcome to the madness! :headbang:

Cool shrunken head cover, oceanavekid! And I love the slime cover of that Vault of Horror, atomic1950's. I hadn't seen that one before.

As others have said, great book. That cover has a lot going for it; lady in red, skulls, drowning and rotting corpse! Welcome to the madness! :headbang:

Wow, you're right! I hadn't realized how many of the horror cover tropes this one hit. I just knew I loved it!

Very cool book to start!

+1 with such a classic as the foundation of your collection, please let us know what else you buy. It's always interesting to see what a newcomer likes :)

Thanks! Feeling very welcome here. I'll absolutely be posting my PCH acquisitions for everyone's enjoyment :) I've got one more on the way...

Edited by Vorpal