• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

Nice WOE 5. Love that cover. My latest book finally arrived. Very solid. Agree with the grade HA gave it (GVG) but it's general wear/creasing. Structurally very solid and readable.

MrMystery11.jpg

Love this cover but it makes me wonder if the artist ever saw an ant before! lol

lol I hear you Jayman! But this is an improvement... Did you see how Mr. Bailey drew the ant on the cover of Weird Mysteries 4? Whew! Thing looked kinda human, ;)

Dannyboy! Great to see you still posting. I still have some of your dads Precodes I picked up from you many years ago. Did you get the collecting bug too? Nice Mister Mystery! Robot Woman in there I believe?

Nice WOE 5. Love that cover. My latest book finally arrived. Very solid. Agree with the grade HA gave it (GVG) but it's general wear/creasing. Structurally very solid and readable.

MrMystery11.jpg

Love this cover but it makes me wonder if the artist ever saw an ant before! lol

lol I hear you Jayman! But this is an improvement... Did you see how Mr. Bailey drew the ant on the cover of Weird Mysteries 4? Whew! Thing looked kinda human, ;)

Dannyboy! Great to see you still posting. I still have some of your dads Precodes I picked up from you many years ago. Did you get the collecting bug too? Nice Mister Mystery! Robot Woman in there I believe?

I know I shouldn't pick on Mr. Bailey, he's given us so many great covers! (worship)

BTW: Robot Woman was from Weird Mysteries #2. This was heavily reworked according to the GCD and retitled Beauty and the Beast! :foryou:

Hey Christian - yes, after selling a bunch of my dad's books I learned so much about comics and PCH in general that I couldn't help but pick up a few books here and there. Funny how that works.

I took a chance on ebay last night and won the Mystery Tales 19. I'll be interested to see how it looks when I have it in hand. Of course, I'll post it here for all to see.

Hey Christian - yes, after selling a bunch of my dad's books I learned so much about comics and PCH in general that I couldn't help but pick up a few books here and there. Funny how that works.

I took a chance on ebay last night and won the Mystery Tales 19. I'll be interested to see how it looks when I have it in hand. Of course, I'll post it here for all to see.

Congrats on the pickup.

Speaking of Bailey, Here's a recent pick up from Octobers fast and furious sales thread. Its a romance book that I normally don't collect but when I saw it,

it struck a chord on the similarities of Bailey's WM #12 cover. That coupled with the story title "My Love Was Dying" was enough for me to snag it!

RadiantLove6WeirdMysteries12_zpseab87a38.jpg

Speaking of Bailey, Here's a recent pick up from Octobers fast and furious sales thread. Its a romance book that I normally don't collect but when I saw it,

it struck a chord on the similarities of Bailey's WM #12 cover. That coupled with the story title "My Love Was Dying" was enough for me to snag it!

.... nice "before" and "after" pictures..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

here's ace jumping into the horror market

Challenge of the Unknown #6 first and only issue became The Beyond and restarted

with issue one.

"Villa of the Vampire" was used in a NY senate committee investigation, and was re-printed in Web of Mystery 19. I highly recommend reading it;

27.jpg

Whoa :o

Very cool tandem, Jay :applause:

Nice pickup, Jay. (thumbs u Those Radiant Loves are real hard to come by. And those two books do go together. Before and after...that's too funny.

Thanks! I've never seen that title before myself. Although romance isn't my collecting focus, I do follow yours and others posts of some really nice books. Don't collect 'em but I can still appreciate 'em! (thumbs u

Picked this up at a comic shop the other day, It contains mostly post code Ditko material despite the cover image. Some really entertaining short stories are compiled within. IDW Publishing (thumbs u

DitkosShorts_zps02b8f9b1.jpg