• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,233 posts in this topic

I didn't know that there were fake Bethlehems. Why would anyone ruin a nice book to do this? They don't really get much of a price bump anyway, do they?

Seems pretty sucky, doesn't it? That's why I'd like more info if anyone can share...

Not quite the complete run, but close. I should have invested more in comic books instead of real estate in the eighties; the #3 was 5 bucks.

wl3i8j.jpg

The "Terrific" BTW is simply a continuation of the run, and numbered 14, for December, 1954. Notice how the wording across the top has been tamed down from the previous Horrific issues.

What a Horrific night! I'm a fan...

Horrific1CGC70NicCageBethlehem_zps8dfccf91.jpg

Horrific8CGC80_zps1f844e61.jpg

Love that #1 Jayman! :) My other Precodes miss it. They can cry their eyes out on my other two copies I have...still one of my top favorites.

Nice Horrifics everyone! It's a great title. Crazy about those fake Beth pedigrees. Thanks to West for the info. I'd live to hear about when these turned up....

I didn't know that there were fake Bethlehems. Why would anyone ruin a nice book to do this? They don't really get much of a price bump anyway, do they?

Seems pretty sucky, doesn't it? That's why I'd like more info if anyone can share...

Stupid question perhaps but I have a Baffling Bethlehem pedigree cgc book but I don't see a stamp. Are they sometimes on the inside?

Nice group fifties!

I'm probably in the minority here when I say that I'm not so fond of issue 3. Considering that it is just a blown up stat from War Fury 1. Actually Heck's covers on most of these Horrific covers tend to be on the more cartoony side for me. Issue 1 is the best cover IMHO. :shy:

while we're looking at some comic media's

here's a few Weird Terror's and War Fury 1, this is probably the worst copy I won this on ebay with the seller saying it was a little brittle, I took a chance won it for like 20 bucks when I opened it up it literally split down the middle. I taped the cover and have never taken it out of the mylar since then!

153104.jpg.80d932e826e934d3ccb1d1702802fade.jpg

153105.jpg.1cd59c83bdc628b6999fd8ba3b43e76e.jpg

153106.jpg.be2eb10c8ab54802ce52194052478d25.jpg

Edited by Hap Hazard

here's a few Weird Terror's and War Fury 1, this is probably the worst copy I won this on ebay with the seller saying it was a little brittle, I took a chance won it for like 20 bucks when I opened it up it literally split down the middle. I taped the cover and have never taken it out of the mylar since then!

153104.jpg

153105.jpg

153106.jpg

Great books Hap! Love that War Fury with the bullet head in it's original context. The expression on the guy on fire is intense to say the least!

The WT furnace cover is an all time fav of mine as well as issue 4 which always reminded me of that opening scene in Twilight Zone the Movie with Dan Aykroyd. :grin:

153145.jpg.31991f9982fcdf62440da6513c34c480.jpg

153146.jpg.ba4ca65b48ba7bc8c0354a6f614e1139.jpg

Terrific. I love the Comic Media horror titles, and WT is my favorite.

Nice group fifties!

I'm probably in the minority here when I say that I'm not so fond of issue 3. Considering that it is just a blown up stat from War Fury 1. Actually Heck's covers on most of these Horrific covers tend to be on the more cartoony side for me. Issue 1 is the best cover IMHO. :shy:

Oh, blastphamy! I love that cover. I know, different strokes. I'm not generally a Ditko fan... I guess I just like the starkness of it and the green background. Just a huge dead guy's face. I can't imagine how much it stood out that month on the newstand. Since, you don't like it, got a better than vg copy you want to part with???

Aw comon Hap. If you guys keep posting all my favorite books, I won't have anything else to show you guys exept crappy pinbacks and toys...