• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting the Gkmloooms story. 13 pages, wow! I had forgotten how much longer some of these Fawcett stories were. The Evans art puts it over the top, just a great book all around! (thumbs u

Here's another that's a bit of a pain to find...

WorldsOfFear2_zpsbf8920c7.jpg

102_5985_zpspydrbmnj.jpg

Very nice! This was a book that grew on me also. I used to think the witch was rather "cartoony" and passed on this book. However, now I think of it as the cover that epitomizes the title. Are there better covers in the run? I think so but this cover screams "Witches Tales" to me! Should have been the first issue cover IMO, congrats! :applause:

102_5985_zpspydrbmnj.jpg

Very nice! This was a book that grew on me also. I used to think the witch was rather "cartoony" and passed on this book. However, now I think of it as the cover that epitomizes the title. Are there better covers in the run? I think so but this cover screams "Witches Tales" to me! Should have been the first issue cover IMO, congrats! :applause:

The real delight for that issue is the Powell story inside. He does a wonderful job depicting a horror story set in the snowy Himalayas.

102_5985_zpspydrbmnj.jpg

The real delight for that issue is the Powell story inside. He does a wonderful job depicting a horror story set in the snowy Himalayas.

You are gonna make me crack my slab, or can I read this online somewhere?!? :frustrated:

102_5985_zpspydrbmnj.jpg

You are gonna make me crack my slab, or can I read this online somewhere?!? :frustrated:

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=17512

Amazing that the main edit on all three of these was boob shading... :insane:

finally got issue 13 of Avon's Eerie. So now I have all three examples of the returning brunette, no I mean blond lady on the three covers.

167408.jpg

167409.jpg

167410.jpg

She sure gets around! I have all three of her appearances too! :D

Amazing that the main edit on all three of these was boob shading... :insane:

finally got issue 13 of Avon's Eerie. So now I have all three examples of the returning brunette, no I mean blond lady on the three covers.

167408.jpg

167409.jpg

167410.jpg

She sure gets around! I have all three of her appearances too! :D

youthfulromances8.jpg

Cool Mr B! That looks to be by Woody's hand (or maybe early Orlando, or, more likely, both of them on this cover?) but it slightly predates her other appearances -- plus she seems to have enhanced her features over time.

Shame she can't decide on a hair color!

Edited by originalisbest

So all thru the years, all I ever came across for this book were beaters, and Atlas was not a focus for me so I let them go despite the fact that it's one of my favorite horror covers. Then, to my dismay a few years ago Atlas prices took off before I could finally find the 'right' one. Pretty psyched to have finally acquired a pretty nice one. Not high grade, but presents kinda nice.

87bb51c9-d9d9-4869-a437-6176339f44a5_zpsn38x2ibg.jpg

So all thru the years, all I ever came across for this book were beaters, and Atlas was not a focus for me so I let them go despite the fact that it's one of my favorite horror covers. Then, to my dismay a few years ago Atlas prices took off before I could finally find the 'right' one. Pretty psyched to have finally acquired a pretty nice one. Not high grade, but presents kinda nice.

:cloud9:

:cloud9:

Very very pretty Jon! Glad you landed one -- I remember discussing it with you in Chicago. It presents beautifully!