• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

I never did like being invited to "hop on"... insane.gif

Keith,

I need to thank you for posting this. I think it inspired the sale of my eBay copy of #5, or it was an incredible coincidence...

ssfaw5.jpg

I have my copy of #2 priced to sit, though. I like it very much.

ssfaw2.jpg

Keith,

I need to thank you for posting this. I think it inspired the sale of my eBay copy of #5, or it was an incredible coincidence...

Thanks for giving the thread so much credit, CKB! I'm sure it was probably coincidence, though..... hi.gif

I have my copy of #2 priced to sit, though. I like it very much.

...& what a NICE copy it is! thumbsup2.gif

Keith.....Here is a # 28 from the GCD site. Such a great cover IMO!

Yup! Looks awesome! Yet another fantastic example of a full spread Atlas cover that became so much more used just prior to the code. Fabulous! thumbsup2.gif

Here's a title I like quite a bit. St. John gets little press, but they were cool.

1132629-strangeT2.jpg

They have a very different approach to cover and story art -- somewhat, but not entirely, old-fashioned. I'm especially fond of the Ekgren covers.

Anybody know who the initials "GM" on the above STRANGE TERRORS might be? I'm drawing a blank right at the moment. confused-smiley-013.gif

George Meyerrick -- isn't that the guy that drew the first one you posted?

I guess it would logically be George Meyerriecks, since he was indeed the guy that did #2. There is just such a dramatic difference between the line work & the painting, that I wondered if it would have been possible to be anyone else. Logic does say of course, that painting & line work are naturally going to be vastly different. crazy.gif

I guess it would logically be George Meyerriecks, since he was indeed the guy that did #2. There is just such a dramatic difference between the line work & the painting, that I wondered if it would have been possible to be anyone else. Logic does say of course, that painting & line work are naturally going to be vastly different. crazy.gif

You might see if some of the other St John painted covers have the name spelled out so that we could be more confident of George being the artist.

Just shipped this book out this morning: cloud9.gif Mysterious Adventures 16.

1138709-mysadv16.jpg

Hate to see stuff like this go, I have to admit.

Very cool cover. Think it influenced this one?

1139022-HOS237.jpg

1139022-HOS237.jpg.cd488a9fbda2e9e76627b22ef8a05f4b.jpg