• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

I've had quite a fondness for this book.....

And, oh boy, can I see why! I'd never seen this book before. Where do I buy a copy?

There's one on ebay at the moment - but the seller's popscomicbooks. Never mind. However they do turn up every so often there...

There's one on ebay at the moment - but the seller's popscomicbooks. Never mind. However they do turn up every so often there...

thumbsup2.gif I think I'll wait for another copy. This one goes on my Search List right now.

thumbsup2.gif I think I'll wait for another copy. This one goes on my Search List right now.

They do pop up once in awhile, I doubt you'll have too long of a wait. thumbsup2.gif

From Avon: one of those weird sci/horror hybrids. Nice Wood cover.

1157719-sworlds.jpg

It has 4 good stories inside if I remember that issue correctly. Including a Everett Raymond Kinstler.

bumpit.gif from early in the thread about these guys -

Hey! Another EERIE #1 !!! 893whatthe.gif

Bummer, it's just an IW reprint book. sorry.gif

Has a nice Wood cover, though.

So really, there are FOUR Eerie #1's out there. Two from Avon, one from IW, and one from Warren if you count comic mags. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

812999-e1iw.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gif

813377-StrangeWorlds6s.jpg

Now should you play Find the 10 differences? Actually I should go 893whatthe.gif at the extent of these differences. I think I like the dark eyes on the IW reprint better. Also we have the guy at right shrunk, more arms, more small tendrils, loss of mohawk, ...

tongue.gif

You know I buy the low grade readers! Nothing says "this books was loved" like a well worn cover. (well, that's one way to look at it, hehe) Oh, and btw- 52 is a low ball estimate, I think there are many more creases than that! wink.gif

Very cool book haven't seen that one before, Atlas right?

Is that ghoul sporting a peg-leg too? 27_laughing.gif

I also like the guy at the top of the spiral doing the bizzaro tranced out thing! thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"I have published four issues of the fanzine Horror Comics Review since 2003. I am currently searching for an artist who wishes to collaborate on a short term horror project. Must be able to ink own work & capture a 1970's DC horror vibe, otherwise open to style. Seriously interested persons should contact me via email. pre-codekeith@adelphia.net"

Hehehe! Nice detective work! thumbsup2.gif

While time has been tight with school, wedding, etc., I have something on the backburner I think everyone on this thread will dig. If only I can find an artist... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Did you ever get any response?