• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

FF 52 9.8 has sold for 61k. Lots of money granted, but still an enormous haircut from the recent 83k sale.

Yup. Called it on that one. 1 or 2 super high grade collectors made for headlines. The rest would suffer.

Tec 33 6.5 $51,133

Tec 35 3.5 $34,333

Tec 37 7.0 $23,792

The 37 didnt do so well at all compared to the HA 7.5 auction.

Corner missing was a major turn off to me.

The huge scribbling on the HA 7.5 detracted much more imo.

i was the under bidder on action 23 3.0, etc 58 3.0 and etc 66 3.0 each bid hammered $100 over my best offer. the final seconds i dropped a bid between 500 and 1200 above the price at that moment based on recent paid prices and gpa stats. and each time it came back that i was outbid in the final second. a bit frustrating to be sure.

this was my first heavy action with clink, i think i prefer comic connect extended bidding. would i have gone a bit further? probably... but it seems like someone dropped a crazy price in the final seconds. i wasn't going to throw down a $8,000 dart on the tech 58 for example, which i think is what the winner must have done. this is also my first real effort in a higher end (5k+) market at auction so maybe its just learning what i am dealing with.

anyways props to the winners of those books. 3 days ago i was certain i was going to snag 1 if not 2 of the 3.

on the flip side my tech 29 sold well enough that i am pleased with how this auction has gone down.

on to the next book...

Action 23, 6.5 for $28k. :o

The 3.0 for $8357 was nothing to sneeze at either.

I'm wondering if any Gators took a bite out of either one of those (or both).... hm

-J

nope...I Think I sold a 6.5 last year for 18K...too rich for my blood

Damn that's almost what a 5.0 Voldy went for last month.

Are you trying to tell us that the Voldy's are selling for more than what a higher grade CGC copy was even selling for. :o:baiting:

lol I see what you're doing there but that's impossible to say. The Voldy Action 23, 5.0 sold for $15.5k last month and Gator said he thinks he sold a 6.5 for $18k a year (or more?) ago.

Too much time and grade differntial to draw any conclusions , or comparisons , and the book has been in overdrive all year.

-J.

Jay,

Sorry, just to confirm - a CGC 3.0 went for nearly $8.5k?

Any other low grade sales to compare that to (for clarity, I do own a very low grade copy, but had no idea it had blown up so dramatically)

Thanks Jay, if you can spare any info on low grade sales. (thumbs u

Yes, the Action 23, 3.0 went for $8357.

I checked GPA and there haven't been any low grade (or any) blue label sales in a year and a half until these last few copies. People must be holding onto them.

Two low grade restored copies have sold, however- an SA 3.5 for $2868 in May, 2016 and a 2.5 SA for $2200 in August, 2016.

Hope that helps a little.

-J.

I'm wondering if any Gators took a bite out of either one of those (or both).... hm

-J

Are you trying to tell us that the Voldy's are selling for more than what a higher grade CGC copy was even selling for. :o:baiting:

lol I see what you're doing there but that's impossible to say. The Voldy Action 23, 5.0 sold for $15.5k last month and Gator said he thinks he sold a 6.5 for $18k a year (or more?) ago.

Too much time and grade differntial to draw any conclusions , or comparisons , and the book has been in overdrive all year.

-J.

Jay,

Any other low grade sales to compare that to (for clarity, I do own a very low grade copy, but had no idea it had blown up so dramatically)

I checked GPA and there haven't been any low grade (or any) blue label sales in a year and a half until these last few copies. People must be holding onto them.

Two low grade restored copies have sold, however- an SA 3.5 for $2868 in May, 2016 and a 2.5 SA for $2200 in August, 2016.

-J.

Yeah I had the GPA, but being overseas have always been reluctant to join the auction houses - especially with the poor exchange rate at the moment, so I appreciate your help.

I see you have an Action #23 yourself - much much nicer than my scabby copy.

Congrats, I saw you had that for a while, very astute purchase!

-J

-J.

Jay,

Two low grade restored copies have sold, however- an SA 3.5 for $2868 in May, 2016 and a 2.5 SA for $2200 in August, 2016. (thumbs u

-J.

Yeah I had the GPA, but being overseas have always been reluctant to join the auction houses - especially with the poor exchange rate at the moment, so I appreciate your help.

I see you have an Action #23 yourself - much much nicer than my scabby copy.

Congrats, I saw you had that for a while, very astute purchase!

Thank you, it's nice to pick a winner every now and then. :)

I'm sure the copy you do have, in whatever condition it's in, is much nicer than owning no copy. (thumbs u But be patient, maybe these sales will shake a copy or two loose from collections.

-J.

Beautiful high grade Four Colors going for big bucks. Yes I said four color.

Yeah, that was a fabulous collection. A number of Center Valley copies. Not sure that the consignor was well served having them all in one auction, though. I would have bid higher if there hadn't been so many of them.

Yeah, that was a fabulous collection. A number of Center Valley copies. Not sure that the consignor was well served having them all in one auction, though. I would have bid higher if there hadn't been so many of them.

I really want that Looney Tunes 1 but can't spend that much :cry:

I really want that Looney Tunes 1 but can't spend that much :cry:

It is a beauty...

I thought for sure I was going to win that 9.4 Tillie the Toiler (132). Nope.