• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

Wonderworld 7 $8377 :headbang:

That's an unbelievable result

If someone was the seller, PM me and I can let you know where to send the thank you note. If you are the buyer, I live out of the country. I guess I am glad I bought one at HA but for a 4.5, the cover presents more like an 8.0

buyer or seller?

I'm guessing owner of a copy

Answers: Buyer. First time owner of this book. Oh, and collector, not speculator.

So totally psyched!! :whee:

Congrats you just joined the club!

buyer or seller?

Answers: Buyer. First time owner of this book. Oh, and collector, not speculator.

Big congrats. I don't care what the number in the corner is, that book is gorgeous - every bit so in person, too.

buyer or seller?

Not sure what your max bid was on the book, but I was the underbidder and felt it was worth at least $8277 to me. Big congrats, it is a real nice looking copy :applause:

buyer or seller?

Big congrats! That book is a beauty. (thumbs u

Agreed totally awesome!!

That's an unbelievable result

If someone was the seller, PM me and I can let you know where to send the thank you note. If you are the buyer, I live out of the country.

lol

Well, we were out and I couldn't up my bids on a few, but my bids held on the ones I really wanted:)

I've been looking for a nice 53 for a while, and I'm thrilled to win a Wonder Woman (Sensation) Okajima:)

(I told my husband I bought my own birthday present in advance;)

RADB39FE201688_141158.jpg

RAD38E402016824_15504.jpg

Everything left all past my max bids. I seem to do better in the the earlier part of multi-day auctions, as it seems like people start going higher on later books after being outbid on earlier ones.

Prices do seem really strong tonight...

$15,000 for a Pep 34 6.0? Someone REALLY must want that book....WOW!

IMHO That book is 'entering' Suspense 3, Fantastic 5, Punch 12, Tec 31 territory. It's showing no signs of slowing up.

I think you are right. And with only three copies graded higher, I think that's a reasonable price for someone (and there were at least two!) who wanted a nice looking copy.

And all three houses have sold a copy this year (if i'm right) and all with strong results. I think Gino was the most recent 'known' Boardie to snag a copy. Bet you're feeling real good about that buddy :baiting:

I sure am brother and thanks again to Adam for helping me work that one into the collection!! Did snag this little rarity tonight that you and I had talked about Corey and I'm pretty stoked. Been chasing a copy but they don't come up too often. Gonna have to crack this one out and enjoy it as I've never held one of these little buggers!!

2v1p5lf.jpg

buyer or seller?

Not sure what your max bid was on the book, but I was the underbidder and felt it was worth at least $8277 to me. Big congrats, it is a real nice looking copy :applause:

Thanks everyone! I was clearly in good company with batman_fan up till the end.

I'd been tracking the 5.0 version of this book at the recent Heritage Auction, but when I saw this 4.5 at ComicLink, I was smitten by the quality of the cover, and dug in.

Well, we were out and I couldn't up my bids on a few, but my bids held on the ones I really wanted:)

I've been looking for a nice 53 for a while, and I'm thrilled to win a Wonder Woman (Sensation) Okajima:)

Love that Okajima

Well done Sha!!!!!!!! very nice!!! :applause:

Thanks, Gino:) I'm very happy and I even had leftover money from my bids, lol.

I explained how much I saved him !;)

(not that I ever take the money anyway, I take pride in funding my own collection, but it's kind of a standing joke here;)

Thanks, Chris and Jack:)

I was kind of hoping not too many people had noticed it was an Okajima.

I had been planning on bidding higher on the Sensation that was a triple cover, I think 31? but the rusty staples were bothering me and I stopped bidding higher on the 13 because of all the dirt. I hope I'm not becoming grade conscious, the rest of my books will be upset with me;)