• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink starts tonight. Anyone else excited?

218 posts in this topic

I have been waiting for this to start. The real question is how long do these last? And how does the bidding work? Like eBay with last minute snipes or some other system.

I think the correct expression would be last SECONDS snipe. Seriously ive lost 3 pices of artwork within the last 5 seconds.

My guess is that the Romita ASM 164 cover would go for more if the Kingpin hadn't been wearing such god awful colored pants.

Maybe that won't be too noticeable on the original b&w artwork? hm

lol. I did see the artwork. Let's face it though that iconic covers are worth more and this cover, in my opinion, is far from iconic. Might have something to do with the Kingpin's purple zoot suit

My guess is that the Romita ASM 164 cover would go for more if the Kingpin hadn't been wearing such god awful colored pants.

Maybe that won't be too noticeable on the original b&w artwork? hm

lol. I did see the artwork. Let's face it though that iconic covers are worth more and this cover, in my opinion, is far from iconic. Might have something to do with the Kingpin's purple zoot suit

I agree, it's not a classic

This auction marks my first foray into selling through Clink. I was very impressed with the customer service, I just hope I'm equally impressed with the results! :wishluck:

GLWTS to all those selling. Some nice pieces!

I've considered selling with CLink in the past. My issue is: I pretty much frame everything (and to museum standards, which ain't cheap), so the thought of sending something across the border (expensive, sometimes risky) that may or may not hit reserve is prohibiting. Hopefully one day I can figure that out!

I have been waiting for this to start. The real question is how long do these last? And how does the bidding work? Like eBay with last minute snipes or some other system.

I think the correct expression would be last SECONDS snipe. Seriously ive lost 3 pices of artwork within the last 5 seconds.

Same experience here. Fortunately I bugged CL enough that the winner put it up in the exchange and I ended up getting it (4 years later).

I've considered selling with CLink in the past. My issue is: I pretty much frame everything (and to museum standards, which ain't cheap), so the thought of sending something across the border (expensive, sometimes risky) that may or may not hit reserve is prohibiting. Hopefully one day I can figure that out!

Do you ever go to any cons? They might attend the same ones as you, and you could drop it off in person?

Love CLink auctions.

Me too. I have been waiting with great excitement for this auction to begin ever since it was announced as i also have my eye on a few items which have No Reserve's which i REALLY do like. Dont get me wrong i also bid on items with reserves but when you spend your energy and focus bidding on an item thats worth say 5K and the owner sets a reserve at 10K you think what a waste of time. With the No Reserve items you can pick up some really nice stuff at a fair price that you know a dealer would be charging 2 to 3 times or more. Also i think a lot of bidders lose sight of the fact that the item is going to sell regardless of whats bid and ive managed to pick some artwork at a lot less than my maximum bid.

Finally even though i have enjoyed all the pieces of artwork that ive owned(which is primarily what it should be about) i have never sold a piece for less than i bought it. In fact having looked at my sales the MINIMUM what i have sold a piece for is double what i paid for it so at the same time its been a good investment.

Do you ever go to any cons? They might attend the same ones as you, and you could drop it off in person?

That's a great idea, thank you! That said – I do, but only in Canada. I have yet to see them make their way here. Hopefully at some point!

why not just pop them out of the frame and use the frame for another piece? I'm sure your frame shop would take the piece out of the frame for you if you are uncomfortable doing yourself

This auction marks my first foray into selling through Clink. I was very impressed with the customer service, I just hope I'm equally impressed with the results! :wishluck:

GLWTS. Care to disclose what items?

Thanks! I have two Justice League covers in the auction, the #4 by Maguire and #40 by AH.

There's always that point in any auction where I have to recalibrate my dream of winning multiple pieces to the reality of concentrating on one piece; I believe that point just came in less than 20 hours of the auction open :P

There's always that point in any auction where I have to recalibrate my dream of winning multiple pieces to the reality of concentrating on one piece; I believe that point just came in less than 20 hours of the auction open :P

Yep, that early optimism of "No one is going to bid on this, no one is going to see this, no one cares about this. I can get all of those for under $XXX." Then prices start creeping and you think, "I hope I can get this one page for under $XXXX" :facepalm:

Bottom feeding ain't as easy as most people think :boo:

Has anyone just put in your max bid and plan to forget about it until it's over? Or is that something that if you do it, you do on the day of the "live" auction.?

I've done it before - and even won - but if it's something I really want I'll stay thru the end.

Has anyone just put in your max bid and plan to forget about it until it's over? Or is that something that if you do it, you do on the day of the "live" auction.?

I like to wait until the end.

Dan