• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UK based grading company. This should be fun

72 posts in this topic

As of 9/7/16 at 9:44pm CT, a total of 133 books have been graded.

I assume it's his own stock just to get the ball rolling.

I can't believe you didn't do this

Silveracre EGC Listings at 105

Slacking blowie :baiting:

I would have added this:

0e4c583e9d.jpg

......waaay to near to silveracre for my liking :facepalm:

It IS Silveracre. Darryl has set up a grading company. :facepalm:

So it's going to be fair and impartial.

Exactly, for anyone who thought PGX was bad...... they ain't seen nothing yet.

Surely there aren't that many mugs about? :wishluck:

He's still in business and thriving after 3 decades or so, which sadly proves there are.

......waaay to near to silveracre for my liking :facepalm:

It IS Silveracre. Darryl has set up a grading company. :facepalm:

So it's going to be fair and impartial.

Exactly, for anyone who thought PGX was bad...... they ain't seen nothing yet.

And the problem is the 'uneducated' Brits and Europeans will see this as an option to save postage costs and use the service.

Silveracre for all its faults (and there are MANY) has a strong customer base and they will be blinkered by this "new service".

The website is poorly constructed and the T&C means the company is not liable for any mistakes on restoration and/or signatures, they just grade (or rather guess).

I think this is a very bad move for the hobby ( is it still a hobby ? ) .

In the UK - yes as many books will now hit the market in the UK graded by this lot, but prices as though graded by CGC.

Edited by Waylander

If he's lurking on the boards I'm sure he'll be flattered to read all of the optimistic and supportive words that have been posted so far, here in this thread.

Honestly, based on reputation, if I was thinking who would be the absolute worst people to front a UK grading company, it would be them...

...and what does "incased" mean? !!

However, I have to say, there is a huge market gap here...

And Darryl has been on the boards previously - he commented on the Batman sale a few years back

I've said it before, CGC should open a branch in the UK - it's a huge mostly untapped part of the market -

if they don't consider UK grading to be a logistical possibility, I'd be happy to take submissions in for them and bulk freight them to Florida. They can pay me in submissions for my own books.

After all, Darryl's pricing there is no cheaper than CGC's, it simply cuts down on the international shipping costs.

I think this is a very bad move for the hobby ( is it still a hobby ? ) .

In the UK - yes as many books will now hit the market in the UK graded by this lot, but prices as though graded by CGC.

Got it in one, Brian (thumbs u

I've said it before, CGC should open a branch in the UK - it's a huge mostly untapped part of the market -

if they don't consider UK grading to be a logistical possibility, I'd be happy to take submissions in for them and bulk freight them to Florida. They can pay me in submissions for my own books.

After all, Darryl's pricing there is no cheaper than CGC's, it simply cuts down on the international shipping costs.

there should certainly be any easier way of doing business with CGC from the UK

all the form printing off and fannying around with shipping puts me off

Darryl's case's look pretty good (other than the vile orange label) wonder how he got the machinery, plastics etc - there was a relationship with Vault in Australia previously?

I also wish CGC would grade English comics like 2000AD - really needs a UK branch... based in Hertfordshire ;)