• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller cancels order for comic I won after 24 hours

528 posts in this topic

I have the next chapter with this seller for those interested.

I had bid on this book and after the auction closed received a second chance offer. So, I hit the BIN and paid. Then I saw this thread...

I asked the seller why he was selling the book I had already bought and he said he was worried I wouldn't accept the second chance offer so he relisted. He said I could file a claim with paypal to get my money back :facepalm:

I had bid on this book and after the auction closed received a second chance offer. So, I hit the BIN and paid. Then I saw this thread...

I asked the seller why he was selling the book I had already bought and he said he was worried I wouldn't accept the second chance offer so he relisted. He said I could file a claim with paypal to get my money back :facepalm:

HaXUqRC.jpg

Clearly this seller is off their meds :insane:

I emailed the seller, in an unexpected turn of events he agreed to sell me the comic. But has not taken down the new auction yet. Weird.

Glad I cried about this like Veruca Salt now (Thanks RMA) meh

So all may be good. But I am not sure yet. :popcorn:

Imagine the guy finishes out the new auction. Sells the comic to someone else. And sends me an empty box with a tracking number. :tonofbricks:

HI FRANK NO PROB WILL DO. AGAIN SORRY BUT I PANICKED DUE TO MAIL SITUATION. WILL MAIL OUT TODAY WED SEPT 14 TAKE CARE CHUCK

In a message dated 9/14/2016 3:15:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, frank writes:

I do still want it. I see you relisted it. Can you take that down and send the comic.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2016, at 2:35 PM, wrote:

HI FRANK THANKS FOR EMAIL. CHECKED MY PAYPAL. THANKS FOR PAYMENT. IF YOU STILL WANT IT LET ME KNOW. YOU PAID $18.00 MAIL COST WHICH INCLUDES A TRACKING NUMBER. WILL MAIL OUT TODAY AS IM ON VACATION. WE HAVE AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH CANADA POST AND ITS UNION CUPW. THEY ARE IN A SRTIKE LOCKOUT SITUATION. I WANT TO MAIL OUT EBAY SALES WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS CHUCK

In a message dated 9/14/2016 2:30:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, frank writes:

I payed for the comic because I won it. And wanted it. Why did you cancel the auction. Makes no sense, why you canceled it.

So at this point, it looks like you were going to get the book. My take on the phony Canada Post union part is that he was simply trying to whitewash things; ppl do this all the time, both in person and on the net.

Well that's over now. lol. He changed his mind again. Thanks to everyone for the advice and the postal situation. Just got a full refund. Guy stinks.

HI FRANK JUST AGREED TO YOUR REFUND. THANKS AGAIN AND TAKE CARE CHUCK

In a message dated 9/14/2016 5:35:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, frank writes:

Hi,

My friend lives in Canada and does not know anything about a postal lockout. I think it's strange you have not removed the new auction for the comic.

Just so you know. I am a Police Officer. If your attempting to defraud me, it may be a silly move. If you do send me a package, I will open it in front of the Post Master at my local post office and a postal Policeman, and make a video recording of me opening the box. If the box is empty and your attempting something silly. You will be charged with Mail Fraud. Maybe I am being paranoid, and if I am, I am truly sorry. But something does not seem right.

Frank

OMG, did you ever eff this up.

Why didn't you plan on doing all that WITHOUT telling him? That way, if he was to defraud you, you'd have the proof, and likewise if he was legit, you'd have your book.

I think his postal comment made you a bit too suspicious. Sorry, but I don't blame him one bit for backing out of the transaction after what you told him.

Frankie did the right thing. Just be done with this bozo Frank, another book will be around in due time.

Thanks Dave, dealing with that guy was getting old. Just didn't feel like getting an empty box. Which I 100% think he would have done. Seeing him back out of the deal the second time made me laugh.

On what basis do you make this claim? You're suggesting that someone would "100%" defraud you, based on....?

His DSRs are one thing, but nothing in his communication that you've posted suggests that he would do this. Crummy seller, yes. Criminal seller...?

Based on him saying yes I will send you the comic today....then hours later not taking the other auction off of ebay. But he responded to emails within minutes a few times during the day. The only reason I said anything about mail fraud was the red flags he was giving me. And I did not feel like dealing with that kind is garbage.

Were you captain of the debate club when in school? You are very long winded.

How long after the auction ended did he send the the second chance offer? ???

I emailed the seller, in an unexpected turn of events he agreed to sell me the comic. But has not taken down the new auction yet. Weird.

Imagine the guy finishes out the new auction. Sells the comic to someone else. And sends me an empty box with a tracking number. :tonofbricks:

HI FRANK NO PROB WILL DO. AGAIN SORRY BUT I PANICKED DUE TO MAIL SITUATION. WILL MAIL OUT TODAY WED SEPT 14 TAKE CARE CHUCK

I do still want it. I see you relisted it. Can you take that down and send the comic.

Sent from my iPhone

HI FRANK THANKS FOR EMAIL. CHECKED MY PAYPAL. THANKS FOR PAYMENT. IF YOU STILL WANT IT LET ME KNOW. YOU PAID $18.00 MAIL COST WHICH INCLUDES A TRACKING NUMBER. WILL MAIL OUT TODAY AS IM ON VACATION. WE HAVE AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH CANADA POST AND ITS UNION CUPW. THEY ARE IN A SRTIKE LOCKOUT SITUATION. I WANT TO MAIL OUT EBAY SALES WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS CHUCK

I payed for the comic because I won it. And wanted it. Why did you cancel the auction. Makes no sense, why you canceled it.

So at this point, it looks like you were going to get the book. My take on the phony Canada Post union part is that he was simply trying to whitewash things; ppl do this all the time, both in person and on the net.

Well that's over now. lol. He changed his mind again. Thanks to everyone for the advice and the postal situation. Just got a full refund. Guy stinks.

Hi,

My friend lives in Canada and does not know anything about a postal lockout. I think it's strange you have not removed the new auction for the comic.

Just so you know. I am a Police Officer. If your attempting to defraud me, it may be a silly move. If you do send me a package, I will open it in front of the Post Master at my local post office and a postal Policeman, and make a video recording of me opening the box. If the box is empty and your attempting something silly. You will be charged with Mail Fraud. Maybe I am being paranoid, and if I am, I am truly sorry. But something does not seem right.

Frank

Why didn't you plan on doing all that WITHOUT telling him? That way, if he was to defraud you, you'd have the proof, and likewise if he was legit, you'd have your book.

I think his postal comment made you a bit too suspicious. Sorry, but I don't blame him one bit for backing out of the transaction after what you told him.

Frankie did the right thing. Just be done with this bozo Frank, another book will be around in due time.

Thanks Dave, dealing with that guy was getting old. Just didn't feel like getting an empty box. Which I 100% think he would have done. Seeing him back out of the deal the second time made me laugh.

On what basis do you make this claim? You're suggesting that someone would "100%" defraud you, based on....?

His DSRs are one thing, but nothing in his communication that you've posted suggests that he would do this. Crummy seller, yes. Criminal seller...?

Based on him saying yes I will send you the comic today....then hours later not taking the other auction off of ebay. But he responded to emails within minutes a few times during the day. The only reason I said anything about mail fraud was the red flags he was giving me. And I did not feel like dealing with that kind is garbage.

And that leads you to believe that he would actually commit mail fraud...? Him changing his mind about the sale a few times, the last time resulting in a refund, means the next logical step is actual fraud...?

Does that seem like a measured conclusion...?

Were you captain of the debate club when in school?

No.

You are very long winded.

hm

Though I can be long winded, I don't know that I've been especially so in this thread. Do you mean "tenacious"...?

Sent from my iPhone

Hi,

Frank

And that leads you to believe that he would actually commit mail fraud...? Him changing his mind about the sale a few times, the last time resulting in a refund, means the next logical step is actual fraud...?

No.

hm

Though I can be long winded, I don't know that I've been especially so in this thread. Do you mean "tenacious"...?

zzz

Sent from my iPhone

Hi,

Frank

No.

hm

zzz

There you go. That about sums it up. (thumbs u

Stubborn and 'always right' and unable to drop things seems a better prognosis.

Basic common sense: so long as two (or more) people are willing to discuss a subject, no one is in a position of having to "drop things."

However...bitter criticism from an uninvolved third party is an excellent indicator of an inability to "drop things."

Just common sense.