• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller cancels order for comic I won after 24 hours

528 posts in this topic

"We want to let you know that niagaracuriosityshop cancelled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or can't fulfill the order for another reason."

I'd message eBay. You may not get the item but they should make the seller aware they cannot operate this way. The seller relisted the item so it's not like he was out of stock.

We want to let you know that niagaracuriosityshop cancelled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or can't fulfill the order for another reason.

Keep in mind that an unpaid item can be recorded on your account and result in future restrictions to your account.

Perhaps I'm reading this email wrong, but how can an unpaid item be recorded on your account if the seller canceled b/c the item no longer exists? Sounds like a seller problem not a buyer problem.

Call eBay.

Waste of time

Bid the book way up then cancel on him after you win. Risk negative feedback but it sure will feel good for a couple minutes. Who knows you might even get it for less (although she is purdy).

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers. One of the HUGE flaws in eBays system.

Sellers being able to leave negative feedback for buyers is pointless and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever, except to make certain sellers feel better about petty vengeance.

Negative feedback had absolutely no prohibitive effect on a buyer's ability to buy and/or bid.

The buyers who, in the past, had negative feedback and really wanted to buy something would simply snipe it, or just create a new account and start over. It accomplished absolutely nothing to proactively prevent "bad buyers" from buying.

And, in fraud heavy categories like (surprise, surprise!) Collectibles, "good buyers" were being chased away because of the fear that someone would say something bad about them on the internet simply for complaining, utterly and completely regardless of the validity of their complaint. In other words, good buyers simply sucked it up and let scumbags defraud them, and many of them just quietly went away, rather than risk negative feedback themselves.

And the very, very few who had the balls to stand up to these frauds would get HAMMERED with negatives, and then get hammered AGAIN by the busybodies who clicked their tongues and said "well, goodness, that buyer has a bunch of negatives...they MUST be a terrible person!" without bothering to do even a CURSORY examination of the facts....and many of those people managed to find their way to this very message board, and are members in "good" standing as we speak.

Facts? Who needs facts?

Removing the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback has been one of the very, very, VERY few positive steps eBay has made over the years. Not only is it NOT a "HUGE flaw", it was a step in the right direction.

hm

I...disagree. ;)

Not surprising. But do you have a rational argument for why...?

Why is it "not surprising?" Perhaps you can explain that first?

The seller is shady anyway in my opinion.

I looked at their current listings and they are using original issues to sell Milestone reprints and DC reprints.

$52 seemed to be a great deal on that book but I would not worry about it nor give a shady salesperson $52.00 even for a great deal.

Ethics and Karma

HI FRANK I TOLD YOU I HAD CANCELLED TRANSACTION WHY DID YOU PAY? THANKS ANYWAY. LET ME INVESTIGATE MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. WILL GET BACK TO YOU CHUCK

In a message dated 9/14/2016 11:36:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, frank writes:

I paid for this item yesterday. Are you going to send this item?

lol

The seller is shady anyway in my opinion.

I looked at their current listings and they are using original issues to sell Milestone reprints and DC reprints.

$52 seemed to be a great deal on that book but I would not worry about it nor give a shady salesperson $52.00 even for a great deal.

Ethics and Karma

Yeah your right. Can everyone start reporting this buttholes auctions if you see something wrong. Maybe if enough guys do it, he will get thrown off. Haha

HI FRANK I TOLD YOU I HAD CANCELLED TRANSACTION WHY DID YOU PAY? THANKS ANYWAY. LET ME INVESTIGATE MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. WILL GET BACK TO YOU CHUCK

In a message dated 9/14/2016 11:36:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, frank writes:

I paid for this item yesterday. Are you going to send this item?

lol

I agree you should just walk - but at the same time, this type of behavior should be punished, so if you have the time go after it :)

Ask him why he cancelled (and tell him 24 hours payment is not a sufficient reason) and inform Ebay that the item is not out of stock but back up for auction.

You are likely not going to get the book at this point, but the seller doesn't deserve to skate on this and continue to pull stuff like this.

Only way he could cancel was to have you agree to cancel I thought. Did you get a strike for no pay?

I recently cancelled and eBay told me since he hadn't paid that even if he left me a negative they would erase it. Not the same circumstances as the OP, but I was told over the phone I could cancel without penalty.

Only way he could cancel was to have you agree to cancel I thought. Did you get a strike for no pay?

I recently cancelled and eBay told me since he hadn't paid that even if he left me a negative they would erase it. Not the same circumstances as the OP, but I was told over the phone I could cancel without penalty.

You can be reported here:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2016&rcode=IV%25P20073&subject=Seller%20Non-Performance&bcrumb=+Home+%3E+Help+%3E%A0Rules+and+Policies%A0%3E%A0Rules+for+Sellers%A0%3E%A0Seller+Non-PerformanceRules+and+Policies%A0%3E%A0Rules+for+Sellers%A0%3E%A0Listing+Rules+Overview%A0%3E%A0Seller+Non-Performance&instruction=&expirationDate=

And receive a non-performing seller "strike" which I think these days means it is counted as a transaction defect, which affects your seller rating.

You can be reported here:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2016&rcode=IV%25P20073&subject=Seller%20Non-Performance&bcrumb=+Home+%3E+Help+%3E%A0Rules+and+Policies%A0%3E%A0Rules+for+Sellers%A0%3E%A0Seller+Non-PerformanceRules+and+Policies%A0%3E%A0Rules+for+Sellers%A0%3E%A0Listing+Rules+Overview%A0%3E%A0Seller+Non-Performance&instruction=&expirationDate=

And receive a non-performing seller "strike" which I think these days means it is counted as a transaction defect, which affects your seller rating.

I've heard differing things from eBay customer service on several topics, so it wouldn't surprise me if the person I talked to was wrong. The guy hadn't paid in a week or responded to messages, so I assume that's why they told me what they did (shrug)