• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller cancels order for comic I won after 24 hours

528 posts in this topic

Hi

I won a comic yesterday off EBay. I was planning on paying for it today. Seller emailed me today that they were canceling my order since I have not payed. Just about 24 hours later.

I have been on eBay since 2000. Never have I had this happen. Is the bad business on the sellers side.....or do you guys think I am at fault since I did not send the money as soon as it ended?

Seller relisted the comic already. I think they want to relist it in hopes that the comics gets bid up a lot higher then the original ended price. It's a DeCarlo Millie the Model comic. Some issues get bid up pretty high. The one I won ended at 52 dollars.

This stinks. :mad:

Sucks that he relisted. However, if I knew I got a sweet deal on a book I won via auction, I usually pay for it as soon as the auction ends to avoid the seller backing out on the deal.

I bid and won the comic while I was working. Got home last night sat on my couch and fell asleep. Worked today and got the email while at work.

Well they are about 10 minutes from my house...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/pay-on-ebay.html

When should I pay?

In general, you're expected to pay as soon as possible and no later than 2 days after you win or commit to buy an item. You can pay by clicking the Pay Now button in the email notification or in the listing. The seller will be paid and will know to ship your item immediately. Contact your seller right away with any questions about payment.

Sucks that he relisted. However, if I knew I got a sweet deal on a book I won via auction, I usually pay for it as soon as the auction ends to avoid the seller backing out on the deal.

I bid and won the comic while I was working. Got home last night sat on my couch and fell asleep. Worked today and got the email while at work.

I hear you. If I was the seller, I would not have relisted/cancelled. I agree 24 hours is too quick to relist it again.

Holy Smokes! Those comics can be pretty pricey! http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=311681490136&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565 A couple years ago a couple girls were selling their dad's collection in a garage sale...yup...$1.00 a comic. I bought an Action Comics Batman but it didn't have a cover and it still sold for $10.00 on ebay! It really sucks to have your hopes put up so high, and then to have it just smashed with an incomplete transaction. I would write a negative comment on his seller's bio...AFTER...you try everything possible.

Hi

I won a comic yesterday off EBay. I was planning on paying for it today. Seller emailed me today that they were canceling my order since I have not payed. Just about 24 hours later.

I have been on eBay since 2000. Never have I had this happen. Is the bad business on the sellers side.....or do you guys think I am at fault since I did not send the money as soon as it ended?

Seller relisted the comic already. I think they want to relist it in hopes that the comics gets bid up a lot higher then the original ended price. It's a DeCarlo Millie the Model comic. Some issues get bid up pretty high. The one I won ended at 52 dollars.

This stinks. :mad:

Why would you want to insist on doing business with someone who doesn't want your money? Leave a negative feedback, which will likely get erased, and move on. There's very, very little in comics that can't be obtained somewhere else, even rare 50's Millies.

seller should've had a reserve he wasn't willing to sell below. Deserves a negative feedback mark. 24 hrs is way too soon besides, when sellers have multiple auctions, they can send an invoice when it's all said and done. I think he never had the intention of selling "cheap" but didn't want to incur the fees of a reserve listing.

Why would you want to insist on doing business with someone who doesn't want your money? Leave a negative feedback, which will likely get erased, and move on.

I'm not sure leaving feedback is possible,. although I have to admit my ebay knowledge is quite limited. The reason I have my doubts is because I just BINed 3 Mike Hammer books last night and got a cancellation email today. They aren't in my Purchase History anymore so I couldn't leave feedback even if I wanted to ... which I don't. What irks me is they didn't bother to tell me why?