• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Four Color Dells
4 4

516 posts in this topic

I'll have to dig around the old boxes today to see what I can find. I've been a Dell collector since I first spotted that square logo!

Anyone have any Turoks?

I have a few:

Turok13.jpg

I remember as a kid in the early 70's my younger brother collected Turoks and put together a pretty complete set out of garage and church sales. Finding those early issues like #13 was always the best as those early covers are really thrilling. Great set of books. My brother sold his long ago; I wish I had bought them!

So before I head back to the comic closet in search of part 2 of the miscellaneous collection I thought it would be fun to share some images of the home of Western's editorial office.

About ten years ago I found myself driving north out of Chicago towards Milwaukee and detoured over to Racine in search of any remnants of Western Publishing. It was looking to be a fruitless search until I spotted an old postman who quickly told me where to go (and not where you think.)

Like a Mecca to the Western Publishing devotee I felt my pilgrimage was complete and snapped these photos.

Very cool! Did another firm occupy the building when you were there, or was it abandoned?

Those Indian Chief have some great covers. I might need to start collecting them!

... I wonder if any of those paintings still exist....?......I bet, somewhere, they do. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

So before I head back to the comic closet in search of part 2 of the miscellaneous collection I thought it would be fun to share some images of the home of Western's editorial office.

About ten years ago I found myself driving north out of Chicago towards Milwaukee and detoured over to Racine in search of any remnants of Western Publishing. It was looking to be a fruitless search until I spotted an old postman who quickly told me where to go (and not where you think.)

Like a Mecca to the Western Publishing devotee I felt my pilgrimage was complete and snapped these photos.

Very cool! Did another firm occupy the building when you were there, or was it abandoned?

When I was there the area under the "Western" sign was occupied by a learning center of some sort. Of course that was a long time ago.

I just did a Google search and found this article which includes a picture of the plant in its heydey.

Western Publishing Racine

Those Indian Chief have some great covers. I might need to start collecting them!

... I wonder if any of those paintings still exist....?......I bet, somewhere, they do. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It seems like quite a bit of OA exists. Heritage has been selling Dell/GK cover paintings OA in some of its recent auctions.

You should! Thanks Hepcat for posting some of the best covers from the run and with great looking copies too.

Love that Tonto River City # 11. Really pops out color-wise.