• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Four Color Dells
4 4

516 posts in this topic

This one is not complete but it's the back of early Lone Rangers - Same shot as a few years back as well -

:applause: I remember this one too.

I count 20 of the 28 total (I have 19). Have you added any others since this pic?

Probably not. LRs haven't been my focus ... but with this thread going, who knows?

Here's a group shot I posted a few years ago of the African Tribesman back covers that ran from Tarzan #8-20.

I'll post the individuals next but close your eyes if you're low grade sensitive.

TarzanAfricanTribesman_zpsf00ea25a.jpg

:applause: I remember that! Thank you for posting them individually :)

This one is not complete but it's the back of early Lone Rangers - Same shot as a few years back as well -

Lone%20Ranger%20Indians%20Back%20Cover%20Group%20Shot_zpspp57gxvu.jpg

Great stuff guys; I had no idea these books had these amazing back covers. Thanks for sharing.

This one is not complete but it's the back of early Lone Rangers

With which issues of Lone Ranger did that Indian pic back cover run start and end?

???

I count about 29 (damonwad has 28; knowing his attention to details, I would trust his number over mine) but they range from:

Issues 8 to 20 are the original Chief series back covers and then

Issues 21, 22, 24 to 35 are the Warrior series back covers

After that the back covers go to the diorama we are familiar with as those dioramas appeared on many Dell back covers.

And now a pause from the Indian Chiefs and African Warriors although Indians are still involved. Come to think of it what are American Indians doing on a Neverland island??

Here from the Non-Four Color, non Duck, non Looney Tunes, non Walt Kelly Dell movie series is my personal favorite of a Dell Giant; the infamous Peter Pan Treasure Chest!

Fifty cents of Giant Sized glory!!

165335.jpg.88ddfd010e790cd8adb668005925d4e9.jpg

:applause: Awesome copy.

Yesterday, someone mentioned in conversation Pixie & Dixie to me. I was shocked but so was he that I knew of them. I have their FC appearances. Does someone have their one-shot

http://www.comics.org/issue/306336/cover/4/

to show? :popcorn:

Here's the link to one episode -

I don't have any Pixie and Dixie but this weekend I'll try to post some other obscure Cartoon character comics that have been sitting around for way too long.