• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage November Signature Auction

432 posts in this topic

A bunch of pretty Fox books coming up in this one :headbang:
Id love to say I was going for that PL17 8.0, but I'd be lying. Man what a nice book.

I liked the 7.5 in the last auction WAY better than this 8.0 copy. This one has 2 long creases bottom right corner that the 7.5 did not have. The 7.5 also had much better pages.

A bunch of pretty Fox books coming up in this one :headbang:
Id love to say I was going for that PL17 8.0, but I'd be lying. Man what a nice book.

I liked the 7.5 in the last auction WAY better than this 8.0 copy. This one has 2 long creases bottom right corner that the 7.5 did not have. The 7.5 also had much better pages.

I tend to agree. It'll be interesting to see if this 8.0 copy sells for $3k or $4k more than the 7.5 copy, or will it go for relatively the same price (around $14.5k).

and we're off !!

Some nice OA pieces :cloud9: ( and I'm not even really into OA )

Losing bids placed :banana:

I know what you mean. I placed some bids that were four or five times guide, which should allow me to end up, oh, maybe the twelfth underbidder. :D

This auction really puts the summer auction in the shade.

I had been excited by the 9.4 Captain Midnight #9, one of the few "must have" books I saw in the auction. But I just checked the scans up close for the first time and sorry, this is not a 9.4.

I had been excited by the 9.4 Captain Midnight #9, one of the few "must have" books I saw in the auction. But I just checked the scans up close for the first time and sorry, this is not a 9.4.

So long as you're truly sorry, we forgive you. :foryou:

Live auction on Nov 17 so I would think Internet bidding ends Nov 17

I think that's right ... but I should remember (but can't) whether you can still bid on the other days' stuff. I think you can via the proxy bid thing, which I know continues in their Sunday auctions beyond the time of the cutoff of their regular bidding. That is, if you try to bid on a Sunday auction item after the cutoff time, you can't enter the bid the normal way -- you have to follow the redirect to the scroll screen with all the items listed and enter a proxy bid there.

Assuming this is even what's being asked! :D

Ah I think I see, so you can enter your bid for any item until the 17th then they have the live bidding for one lot at a time from the 17th to the 19th?

Basically, yes. I believe, though, that you can enter a proxy bid on the items offered on the 18th and 19th even after proxy bidding on the 17th has closed. That's my best recollection, but I could be mistaken.

Those Peps are so gorgeous :cloud9:

Interesting to note that the consignor is putting up the entire Church run of Pep 1 through 21 for sale in this auction.

Makes me wonder who is the current owner of the Church Pep 22 and Archie 1 since I know that Geppi used to own it at one point back in the mid-90's? Not sure if he still has them or if he had sold them off to somebody like the Dentist? hm