• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage November Signature Auction

432 posts in this topic

I have a strong suspicion that the entire MH Pep run will go to one person.

If that's the case, then this person might have to absorb some punishment bidding as it sounds like some bidders have targeted their one or two Peps that they want, and might be willing to go quite high on their targeted issues. :slapfight:

I`m assuming that to be the case, hence my comment that the winner of any book, whether one winner or multiple winners, will be bled dry in the process.

One of the Big fishes bidding and is going to open a museum can be outbid...

If that's the case, then this person might have to absorb some punishment bidding as it sounds like some bidders have targeted their one or two Peps that they want, and might be willing to go quite high on their targeted issues. :slapfight:

I`m assuming that to be the case, hence my comment that the winner of any book, whether one winner or multiple winners, will be bled dry in the process.

How big a fish can he be if he can be outbid?

Big Fishes are big for a reason. They eat little fishes, not the other way around. :tonofbricks:

Maybe he just does it for the halibut...

If he did it on porpoise he could pay a lot more.

How big a fish can he be if he can be outbid?

He is very conservative due to auction manipulation in the past. Plus his assistants do the buying , he been a collector since day one buying barks paintings when they first came out and movie posters.. He then moved on to illustration art as his success grew

If goes up against me, he'll flounder! :sumo:

Let minnow if you are successful.

Don't carp if I win.

If goes up against me, he'll flounder! :sumo:

Let minnow if you are successful.

Don't carp if I win.

DQbQWoY.jpg

I starting to wonder if I'm going to bid on anything as the prices are really getting up there.
The peer pressure to spend more money just like the next guy is fascinating to watch.

It is more satisfying these days to fish in the ocean of ebay for the 2 or 3 big wins per year then to dip my hook along with the others in the farm raised ponds of HA et. al.