• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage November Signature Auction

432 posts in this topic

All Select 1 9.2 Penn copy is doing well ...
if only the Carson city copy would come to market (it won't!).

Ben what grade is the Carson City copy?

easily a 9.6 with a decent shot at 9.8 (from what I recall).

I almost bought that copy when Rotter showed it to me way back when. I believe it was priced at $2200 at the time. :makepoint:

All Select 1 9.2 Penn copy is doing well ...
if only the Carson city copy would come to market (it won't!).

Ben what grade is the Carson City copy?

easily a 9.6 with a decent shot at 9.8 (from what I recall).

I almost bought that copy when Rotter showed it to me way back when. I believe it was priced at $2200 at the time. :makepoint:

lol. Close it was $3200-$3500 range I believe and one of the hottest GA books (and suspense 3) in the 90s.

Interesting to note that the consignor is putting up the entire Church run of Pep 1 through 21 for sale in this auction.

Simply mind-blowing - seriously, how does someone approach bidding on a run like this?

$3,800 already for the Cap Annual that is only a 1.0. :tonofbricks:

I wouldn't be surprised to see this go for upwards of $5,000 even though a 2.5 sold for that in May of 2015. Lowest graded copy on the census...but with the next available options being four grades higher, a lot of collectors may feel this is their only chance at owning this book anytime soon.

Interesting to note that the consignor is putting up the entire Church run of Pep 1 through 21 for sale in this auction.

Simply mind-blowing - seriously, how does someone approach bidding on a run like this?

.... be prepared to pay more than anyone else ever has ....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... be prepared to pay more than anyone else ever has ....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Those days are over for me jimbo, but it will be interesting nonetheless to watch from the sidelines.