• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
4 4

648 posts in this topic

From the latest newsletter and for those of us talking about the Mile High II collection and what remains back here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9588286&fpart=15

Thirty-one years ago I purchased the legendary Mile High II collection of 1,800,000 Silver Age and Bronze Age comics. Three decades later, I am down to my last few comics from that awesome collection, but not quite entirely out.

Obviously this is his word saying this.

Also. ASM #102 is the first appearance of Morbius now. Boy, wouldn't want to be holding any of those 101's once the label change hits!

To be specific, I have a few copies left of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #102 in Good condition, featuring the first appearance of Morbius.

Thanks for posting this. I had exactly the same thoughts when I received his email and nearly posted an identical version to what you did.

To reiterate, if the remains of the Mile High 2 collection are say...80-100 copies of ASM # 102 in Good condition (p.s., short of water damage, how would that even happen?), the chances that he's sitting on a short box of books like GS X-Men 1, Conan 1, or even Dr. Strange 1 seem vanishingly slim...

I'm scared. After he put up his 11 million books at a buck each, the smoke would clear and the 500 books he would sell would be devastating to the market.

Exactly what 500 books do you think that Chuck would have remaining that would devastate the entire comic book collecting market if he decides to sell them? hm:screwy:

Especially after he took the last 150 items from his original Church find and auctioned them off through Heritage back in 2011. Let's just say that the Red Raven, Spirit books, Feature books, etc. had a rather underwhelming and negligible impact on the collecting marketplace. :P

Now that he has already disposed of all of his best books, how are 500 books which are most likely devoid of any keys or anything of any significance going to devastate the collecting marketplace. (shrug)

I believe you may have been drinking way too much of Chuck's Mile High juice. lol

I'm scared. After he put up his 11 million books at a buck each, the smoke would clear and the 500 books he would sell would be devastating to the market.

Exactly what 500 books do you think that Chuck would have remaining that would devastate the entire comic book collecting market if he decides to sell them? hm:screwy:

Especially after he took the last 150 items from his original Church find and auctioned them off through Heritage back in 2011. Let's just say that the Red Raven, Spirit books, Feature books, etc. had a rather underwhelming and negligible impact on the collecting marketplace. :P

Now that he has already disposed of all of his best books, how are 500 books which are most likely devoid of any keys or anything of any significance going to devastate the collecting marketplace. (shrug)

I believe you may have been drinking way too much of Chuck's Mile High juice. lol

I could be mistaken, however, I believe HHwolfman was being sarcastic.

My favorite part of that story is when Chuck asked $500k for his Mile High copy of Red Raven # 1, only to see it sell months later at auction for less than $75k (granted - I reckon his advertising strategy worked as that's still a _stupid_ high price for that book, IMHO).

Then the Billy Wright 9.0 copy appears and sells a few months later for less than $45k.

I could be mistaken, however, I believe HHwolfman was being sarcastic.

165903.jpg.15c6430f72a102441a0242244e93c527.jpg

Chuck maybe believes that the "cheap" will retain their value over the long run...I just cannot understand the business model chuck is using..which is to acquire as much material for a super low cost and get more and more of it.

Chuck is in business to and he says he does not want to make money but get more comic books.....so he is going headfirst with Bulk vs quality ...it might be because he does not have the funds of the Big Boys when it comes time to lay down the money for Action 1 etc like CC.

Just in the back of my mind, I know chuck has an endgame plan...just don't know what it is...

Edited by Mmehdy

Chuck has bought another large collection according to nov 23 newsletter.. he outbid a local dealer who bid $20 a box... there was at least 120 long boxs including x-men 1 and other books inside of themm according to photos on that post... amazing how he finds those kind of deals...

Edited by Mmehdy

Chuck has bought another large collection according to nov 23 newsletter.. he outbid a local dealer who bid $20 a box... there was at least 120 long boxs including x-men 1 and other books inside of themm according to photos on that post... amazing how he finds those kind of deals...

Not really.

Not really.

.....that's easy for you to say..... with all of London twinkling beneath your lofty spire :baiting: GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Not really.

.....that's easy for you to say..... with all of London twinkling beneath your lofty spire :baiting: GOD BLESS.....

Third star to the right and straight on to comics!

Not really.

He is buying 100's of thousands of comics for 5- to 10 cents on the dollar.....and according to his newsletter he has to postpone his "east coast" buying trip for a couple of weeks...to get even MORE

Edited by Mmehdy

Not really.

He is buying 100's of thousands of comics for 5- to 10 cents on the dollar.....and according to his newsletter he has to postpone his "east coast" buying trip for a couple of weeks...to get even MORE

He is going for that "elusive" 50th copy of Rune 11.

Not really.

Finding worthwhile deals of any sort in London is getting almost impossible these days... :cry:

Not really.

We are all so very impressed by this................

NOOOOOOOT

lol

Not really.

NOOOOOOOT

lol

X-Men 1 '92? hm

Not really.

NOOOOOOOT

lol

X-Men 1 '92? hm

no its the 63 real issue #1 in VG you can click on some of the pictures and blow them up...he is getting some pretty good stuff for $25 to 50 bucks a box....

Today he was bragging about his finding FF2 and TTA 27 among the boxes he is sorting...he has 300 long boxes to sort thru.....in his latest newsletter...where are these people who want to "giveaway' so much material so cheap? Better yet who are these "dealers" who are going under?

Edited by Mmehdy