• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
4 4

648 posts in this topic

Personally you are 100% wrong

In my over 4,300 posts nobody has ever accused me of being troll...Now not everybody agrees, likes, or whatever, but I am NOT a time wasting troll or fool. Let me expalin my point so even you can understand it...

This is more of a "what is gonna happen down the road " type of of issue but at some point reality will dictate that EVERY COLLECTION is gonna be sold, dispersed in the future, yours, mine and everybody on this board. Unless you are George Lucas and have 4 billion dollars to build your own museum.

There is gonna be an end game whether Chuck likes it or not....Whenever there are wives, kids nobody is gonna be on the same page..its BMW's, Houses, education for their kids...one thousand reasons that 11 or 12 million and growing are gonna hit the market..and believe me when dump...its gonna take multiple trucks full of material and it does have the possibly of bring down the entire comic book market given our fragile declining hobby. Look at the Frank Frazetta estate and fight there, Frank would turn over in his grave with the stuff has been sold on Ha etc. Folks, that is only a handful of paintings....which still could be hung on the wall. I got news for you Chuck or his kids are not gonna read 12 million comic books.

Somebody on this thead made a very interesting point, that at height of the comic newsstand sales some 9,000.00 issues sold in single month. If that MARKET was a still available Chuck would be a blip on the radar...but the sad reality is that there are no more drug stores, no more supermarkets, no more every kids on the block buying comics for entertainment......most people have moved on, those who have not are getting electronic media such as the Kindle etc..book stores are closing more each year, comic books stores and supplies are closing or being bought out by the big guy chuck to corner the market which is left.

We are gonna have to deal with Chuck, MCS, and every other retailer who at one point is going to make an exit..MY POINT HERE..is everyday chuck is going to make a bigger splash when happens with his non-stop purchases..400,000 comic books in about one month...10,000 SA comic books, and his video say now he is DEBT FREE..after the sale of the building..this guy could easily hit 20 Million comic books in the next 5 years.

That is my point...reality is coming and unlike ComicConnect, Chuck has paid NOTHING FOR THOSE BOOKS and has NOTHING TO LOSE BY DUMPING THEM..whereas CC could of spent millions of dollars on their inventory..its apple/orange to compare.

Edited by Mmehdy

Somebody on this thead made a very interesting point, that at height of the comic newsstand sales some 9,000.00 issues sold in single month. If that MARKET was a still available Chuck would be a blip on the radar...but the sad reality is that there are no more drug stores, no more supermarkets, no more every kids on the block buying comics for entertainment......most people have moved on, those who have not are getting electronic media such as the Kindle etc..book stores are closing more each year, comic books stores and supplies are closing or being bought out by the big guy chuck to corner the market which is left.

I enjoy a good self-defeating argument, especially when the debater hasn't even bothered to define what market he's referring to. If everything shuts down as you say then the market will be microscopic, with Mr. Rozanski sitting atop the biggest pile of comics in the world...with no-one to sell them to. Which means that the consequence of dumping millions of books will be non-existent, just as the original purchase of said books is. In other words there is no market for Chuck's vast tranche of books.

At the end of the day just because you've got a commodity it doesn't mean that you can control the price of it if people still have the option to walk away. Nor can you create a market without the assent of collectors.

I hope that he continues with his quest, of course.

I enjoy a good self-defeating argument, especially when the debater hasn't even bothered to define what market he's referring to. If everything shuts down as you say then the market will be microscopic, with Mr. Rozanski sitting atop the biggest pile of comics in the world...with no-one to sell them to. Which means that the consequence of dumping millions of books will be non-existent, just as the original purchase of said books is. In other words there is no market for Chuck's vast tranche of books.

At the end of the day just because you've got a commodity it doesn't mean that you can control the price of it if people still have the option to walk away. Nor can you create a market without the assent of collectors.

I hope that he continues with his quest, of course.

Good point....but you misunderstand I am not saying the back issue comic book market will collapse totally ...the VALUES WILL DECLINE radically A number of board members and the general public have paid vast premiums for 1970'80's,90's books..CGC graded, multiple of guides for top conditions, for example somebody paid like 600 bucks for a Sgt FGury # 16 in 9.6 in a recent HA auction ..THOSE VALUES ARE GONNA CRASH. The comic book market number of collectors will decline AFTER THE CRASH. Cause and effect, this will have a very negative effect on the overall comic book world. Especially when Hollywood burns out the super hero movie and we have to wait another 10 or 20 years to get back to the hollywood recycle.

So, Chuck has the power, like it or not..the more material he acquires, especially at his traditional giveaway purchases that he does, the bigger the splash....

I don't believe he's going to get anywhere near completing his ambitious goal. There's the limiting time factor; he isn't young anymore, no spring Chuckles.

In my over 4,300 posts nobody has ever accused me of being troll...

Pretty sure they did when you first arrived, saying restored books were toilet paper. I bet I could find more examples too...

Let me expalin my point so even you can understand it...

Says the man who writes like an spastic 3rd grader. Get over yourself, you don't know mess.

Edited by OhBother

Especially when Hollywood burns out the super hero movie and we have to wait another 10 or 20 years to get back to the hollywood recycle.

Hopefully you'll be dead in 20 years (natural causes, of course) see we won't have to read your blah blah blah.

Although it would be cool to make you eat your words.

He should burn all his books. That would show everybody

just as an aside-- if the entire Mile High inventory was destroyed, does anyone think it make any difference to the collecting community?

As far as this idea of dumping the books on the market being a big problem-- my understanding is ALL of them are already for sale. So is Mmedy trying to tell us he is going to sell all these books for next to nothing? GO for it-=- all that will happen is people will get some decent deals on the books they want and the rest of them will remain in the warehouse collecting dust.

None of this argument makes any sense in terms of this being some huge problem we need to worry about. The vast majority of comics produced over the years are still found in peoples collections. They have changed hands over the years and some have been lost to attrition (fire, flood, recycled, moms, etc) -- collectors die all the time after all. Granted they may not have millions of books but any collectible has a finite amount of supply. To assume that Chuck somehow has all these 9.6 copies he is holding off from selling on his website and store is as insane as most of his prices.

So even in the event of Chuck's demise-- there will be some sort of change of hands-- perhaps by another company/individual willing to buy out his stock. To believe that this is some SUDDEN change of supply in high grade books takes the belief that he is NOT trying to sell or making those books available already.

That is where your argument makes the least amount of sense to me.

He should burn all his books. That would show everybody

just as an aside-- if the entire Mile High inventory was destroyed, does anyone think it make any difference to the collecting community?

As far as this idea of dumping the books on the market being a big problem-- my understanding is ALL of them are already for sale. So is Mmedy trying to tell us he is going to sell all these books for next to nothing? GO for it-=- all that will happen is people will get some decent deals on the books they want and the rest of them will remain in the warehouse collecting dust.

None of this argument makes any sense in terms of this being some huge problem we need to worry about. The vast majority of comics produced over the years are still found in peoples collections. They have changed hands over the years and some have been lost to attrition (fire, flood, recycled, moms, etc) -- collectors die all the time after all. Granted they may not have millions of books but any collectible has a finite amount of supply. To assume that Chuck somehow has all these 9.6 copies he is holding off from selling on his website and store is as insane as most of his prices.

So even in the event of Chuck's demise-- there will be some sort of change of hands-- perhaps by another company/individual willing to buy out his stock. To believe that this is some SUDDEN change of supply in high grade books takes the belief that he is NOT trying to sell or making those books available already.

That is where your argument makes the least amount of sense to me.

I understand it could go either way, but who has the $$$$ to buy a where house which he owns and 12 million comic books?? I think it gong to be at least piecemeal but its possible a liquidation company can do it and dump it on the open market..the reality is chuck is getting BIGGER buy the day...I think he could probably put another 5 million in that building easy..

In my over 4,300 posts nobody has ever accused me of being troll...

Pretty sure they did when you first arrived, saying restored books were toilet paper. I bet I could find more examples too...

Let me expalin my point so even you can understand it...

Says the man who writes like an spastic 3rd grader. Get over yourself, you don't know mess.

The truth hurts, and I understand why you are attacking me. I did not advise you to pay 10X guide for a no difference 9.8 vs 9.6 copy of 80's 90's etc comic book... I type fast..so be it with the errors..However I am not the enemy...I am not buying 400,000 comic books in a single month, this is a thread about mile high prices and his buying and selling comic books in an unique method. It effects upon the over back issue comic book market and his power in that market..stick to the discussion at hand.

Edited by Mmehdy

Getting bigger....selling at high prices...

It's still the same market, with the same books, at a higher price that not many will buy at.

I think terming him a hoarder is the most accurate way of looking at this.

Business savvy? Not too sure about that one. I can only speculate as to his approach at selling books way overpriced.

For me, I would be worried about keeping the roof over my head and food in my belly. He seems to be able to do that while not being able to sell vast quantities of books.

It works for him, good for him. Him suddenly giving a discount or dying and the books hit the market at a price people are willing to pay...it's as it's already been stated. A lot of collections will get fleshed out, but causing a crash? Pretty close to impossible. There is not one collector/hoarder/flipper/dealer who can influence the market like Mitch is stating. The market is what the market is

Mitch (or the person who hacked his account- whichever)-

When you are the only one arguing your point, that should be a good indicator that your stance is incorrect.

Love the way you completely ignore my sound points about all the books he owns already are for sale (with few buying them) - which is essentially the same as being "in the market". Maybe not at reasonable prices and definitely not at huge discounts but still available. You seem all too concerned with the quantity of books as if they are all equally important. Probably should not have made that last point since you will only focus on whatever small blurb you can to argue your case.

Yeah, I think you're right. Mitch is just trolling us and I took the bait. It's hard to resist when he says such stupid things, but I'll try harder in the future.

Who is "us"? You're not even supposed to be on these boards lol

Let's shift gears for a moment.

As I've stated, the primary reason I'm not concerned about Chuck's stash is I'm convinced that 10.98 million of his 11 million books are garbage (commodities as dictated by non-keys and/or common low grades).

The far bigger issue is what will happen a generation from now when the baby boomers finish retiring and then start dying.

I'm far far more concerned about 30 more major Golden/Silver Age collections of the Twin Cities / Savannah / Billy Wright variety coming to light over the next 5-10 years and crashing the values of pre-1966 books than I am of Chuck's passing on.

What happens when/if Vinnie, Verzyl, The Dentist, Geppi, etc. all decide to exit in the same 5-year span? Multiply that by 20 for their best customers -- most of whom are probably in their late 50s right now?

With Millennials and below not growing up reading comics like their predecessors did, who will support the values of the even mainstream Golden Age runs 20 years hence?

Seriously - who will care about things like Batman # 10-30 when we've got AR goggles that give us instant entree to virtual reality integrated with the world around us 24/7?

Chuck can destroy all 20 million of his books in a fire.

I'll be the one sweating the 200 anonymous collectors -- retired plastic surgeons, investment bankers and the like -- who are each holding 500 prime GA & SA books.

That's how the market will crash. Not by Chuck's 20 million-book pile, but by the 100,000 quality books quietly amassed by a discerning handful of baby boomers (Twin Cities-style).

Yeah, I think you're right. Mitch is just trolling us and I took the bait. It's hard to resist when he says such stupid things, but I'll try harder in the future.

Who is "us"? You're not even supposed to be on these boards lol

You want some Dante memes now?

I give you credit, this shill has lasted a little longer than some of the others (thumbs u

Let's shift gears for a moment.

As I've stated, the primary reason I'm not concerned about Chuck's stash is I'm convinced that 10.98 million of his 11 million books are garbage (commodities as dictated by non-keys and/or common low grades).

The far bigger issue is what will happen a generation from now when the baby boomers finish retiring and then start dying.

I'm far far more concerned about 30 more major Golden/Silver Age collections of the Twin Cities / Savannah / Billy Wright variety coming to light over the next 5-10 years and crashing the values of pre-1966 books than I am of Chuck's passing on.

What happens when/if Vinnie, Verzyl, The Dentist, Geppi, etc. all decide to exit in the same 5-year span? Multiply that by 20 for their best customers -- most of whom are probably in their late 50s right now?

With Millennials and below not growing up reading comics like their predecessors did, who will support the values of the even mainstream Golden Age runs 20 years hence?

Seriously - who will care about things like Batman # 10-30 when we've got AR goggles that give us instant entree to virtual reality integrated with the world around us 24/7?

Chuck can destroy all 20 million of his books in a fire.

I'll be the one sweating the 200 anonymous collectors -- retired plastic surgeons, investment bankers and the like -- who are each holding 500 prime GA & SA books.

That's how the market will crash. Not by Chuck's 20 million-book pile, but by the 100,000 quality books quietly amassed by a discerning handful of baby boomers (Twin Cities-style).

Entirely possible, but there are counterarguments. Both sides have been discussed at great length multiple times in the various "comics as an investment" threads.

I'm skeptical that there are any more OO SA collections out there of the scale and scope of Twin Cities, although, of course, you nevah know.

In response, Chuck just bought a SA colleciton from Las Vegas he estimates at 10,000 issues, I disagree with the fact the he cannot seriously impact the market..he is trying to create himself the "market" and he is buying out competition...when he is taking dowm 120,000 comic book and 200,000 comic book competitors in the same week you had better get you head out of the sand.

This is guy is coming on strong with his price structure of flea market, trade show, gallery three tier pricing...in other words he prices it to it stops selling like in the video of new mutants 98 at 2600 dollars, he had sold one for 2200....this what we to look forward to..

you are delusional; he would giddily trade all 11MM issues of this dreck for the Church Action #1 he built this empire of rubbish upon.

I have see the video evidence....he does not even know what he owns....this is not rubbish this is REALITY..12 million comic books give or take a couple of hundred thousand is part of a plan...chuck wants to reshape the pricing structure of comic books by controlling supply and having every comic book in every grade....why do think he wants that...its called control....

You crack me up. :roflmao: