• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you just hate being two seconds too late! Ugg

240 posts in this topic

The point is it would not have been cancelled if it was not for mean spirited interference.

I think fifties' point is that he was happy to interfere, so the interference was not mean-spirited...more "good-natured" interference. That fifties is really a happy-go-lucky old coot, looking out for eBay sellers everywhere.

Collage%202016-10-10%2016_38_58-1_zpsleiwqk7i.jpg

...what Ferraris are to expensive...?

...and you are to funny. You are, too.

Nice work, you two.

:D

The point is it would not have been cancelled if it was not for mean spirited interference.

I think fifties' point is that he was happy to interfere, so the interference was not mean-spirited...more "good-natured" interference. That fifties is really a happy-go-lucky old coot, looking out for eBay sellers everywhere.

Nice work, you two.

:D

I think I'm saying toodaloo to this thread!

I bet everyone here would cancel a sell if they had made a mistake in pricing although this particular seller made an ignorant mistake.

Several years ago, a board member hit a $400 BIN on an Action Comics #10. The seller was made aware that the book was worth five figures, but responded that a deal's a deal, and didn't cancel the transaction.

i remember that story...

Just wanted to say "thanks" to all the good folks on the board that chimed in. Believe it or not, your kind words/commiserations meant a lot to me and helped tremendously to deal with this very frustrating situation.

I'm not super-spiritual but try not to let negativity and anger control my life. But I'm sure many of you can imagine what I've been feeling. Spending countless hours online looking for deals, getting up early on weekends to schlepp to the flea markets, trudging through long lines at the comic cons to dig through boxes. The rare treasures dug up keep me going, but something like this makes you wonder "why bother?".

Anyway, many thanks to Robot Man, Sandman, sacentaur, october, lhcomics, sqeggs, Grantley Goddard, thehumantorch, Mr. Bedrock, HHwolfman, Gotham Kid, Hudson, and everyone else who spoke up. I consider you all friends and brothers in collecting even if we haven't met. :foryou:

You handled this so well. I would have been kicked off for sure. When I start selling off dupes, in a few, I will give you a special deal. When I sell off some low grade Timleys, please inform if they are priced to cheap.

Oh, nobody collects those things anymore Howard

I like your attitude. It REALLY sucks what happened to you. Especially since it came from board members. I've always thought we were a tight little club but apparently not so...

I would like to point out that neither retrocomics nor myself could have known that a board member here was the buyer, until he posted it in the thread. As far as we were concerned, it was just another eBayer.

As anyone who uses eBay knows, bidder's ID's aren't shown.

I should probably just join RobotMan and go for a walk outside, because this thread is infuriating.

Fifties, the most unethical act here - by a country mile - is the seller who backed out of a legally binding contract they entered into voluntarily. And you precipitated that.

A buyer who pays full asking price is not in the wrong, even if there's an information asymmetry like this one. The seller did not do due diligence. Period. If the buyer had lied when asked 'what do you think they are worth?' you'd have a case, but that didn't happen.

I will continue to buy bargains when I see them, with no weight on my conscience. As will you, I'll wager.

One of the best posts I have read here about this kind of situations arising. (thumbs u

Now I love Australia more than before… :cloud9:

@Andy (kazoo): So sorry about that… :(

Two drunk when I made it and two lazy too fix it

Just wanted to say "thanks" to all the good folks on the board that chimed in. Believe it or not, your kind words/commiserations meant a lot to me and helped tremendously to deal with this very frustrating situation.

I'm not super-spiritual but try not to let negativity and anger control my life. But I'm sure many of you can imagine what I've been feeling. Spending countless hours online looking for deals, getting up early on weekends to schlepp to the flea markets, trudging through long lines at the comic cons to dig through boxes. The rare treasures dug up keep me going, but something like this makes you wonder "why bother?".

Anyway, many thanks to Robot Man, Sandman, sacentaur, october, lhcomics, sqeggs, Grantley Goddard, thehumantorch, Mr. Bedrock, HHwolfman, Gotham Kid, Hudson, and everyone else who spoke up. I consider you all friends and brothers in collecting even if we haven't met. :foryou:

You handled this so well. I would have been kicked off for sure. When I start selling off dupes, in a few, I will give you a special deal. When I sell off some low grade Timleys, please inform if they are priced to cheap.

Oh, nobody collects those things anymore Howard

In the trash they go.

I like your attitude. It REALLY sucks what happened to you. Especially since it came from board members. I've always thought we were a tight little club but apparently not so...

I would like to point out that neither retrocomics nor myself could have known that a board member here was the buyer, until he posted it in the thread. As far as we were concerned, it was just another eBayer.

Really shouldn't make any difference if it was a boardie or not IMO. The offended party has posted and moved on so that should suffice for all of us however posts like this make me :facepalm:

Not only that – by telling the seller immediately afterwards that he wasn’t aware of the value they tempted him to lie… A thing that unfortunately he did, and told kazoo the books were "already sold by her sister".

If you really wished to educate this seller, you could have just waited ten days or so to explain him the proper value of the books and what he should do to document himself before selling if he’s not familiar with the market.

Would knowing have made any difference? Given your stance of doggedly protecting the unknowledgeable sellers on eBay I assume you would have notified them even if you knew it was a boardie who stood to profit. It is interesting if you are saying that if you had known it was a boardie you would not have butted in. I'm not saying that would be the act of a hypocrite, nor accusing you of being one, but saying that would certainly leave you open to the accusation.

I assume you would have notified them even if you knew it was a boardie who stood to profit.

You know what assuming is the mother of.

And it doesn't seem to matter what I post, some of you are only gonna believe what you want to regardless.