• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you just hate being two seconds too late! Ugg

240 posts in this topic

By the way, you didn't answer my second question: Do you think what the seller did to him is ethical? Is that any different than what you think Kazoo did to the seller?

Sorry RM, didn't see the second question.

No, cancelling an eBay sale is DEFINITELY unethical in a perfect world, but unfortunately we don't live in one. Practically speaking, which many here don't seem to "get", it is however done by normally well meaning folks.

Was my suggestion to cancel the sale unethical? Yes. In hindsight I was wrong.

Was Kazoo wrong to immediately hit the BIN button when he saw an unbelievable deal? Hell no, anyone would have done it.

My point was simply that he knew it was an ungodly deal, and shouldn't have been surprised when it was cancelled.

The cheated buyer, kazoo, imho would be within accepted board norms if he wanted to bring fifties up for Probation as an accessory before the fact. This would be a precedent setting action, and a good precedent at that.

Excellent post Andy, and I completely agree - a belligerent fifties is more than deserving of a Probation nomination, I'm just not sure how/if the community guidelines currently apply.

Certainly worth exploring, and I would encourage kazoo to do so.

And I can't agree. The seller and only the seller cancelled the deal and he's the person who lied about why.

Interesting point, but I was referring to Dr. Love's accessory claim.

By the way, you didn't answer my second question: Do you think what the seller did to him is ethical? Is that any different than what you think Kazoo did to the seller?

Sorry RM, didn't see the second question.

No, cancelling an eBay sale is DEFINITELY unethical in a perfect world, but unfortunately we don't live in one. Practically speaking, which many here don't seem to "get", it is however done by normally well meaning folks.

Was my suggestion to cancel the sale unethical? Yes. In hindsight I was wrong.

Was Kazoo wrong to immediately hit the BIN button when he saw an unbelievable deal? Hell no, anyone would have done it.

My point was simply that he knew it was an ungodly deal, and shouldn't have been surprised when it was cancelled.

You don't get it do you? Talk about trying to twist a wrong into a right.

Ungodly, what does that even mean in this scenario?

The point is it would not have been cancelled if it was not for mean spirited interference.

The point is it would not have been cancelled if it was not for mean spirited interference.

I think fifties' point is that he was happy to interfere, so the interference was not mean-spirited...more "good-natured" interference. That fifties is really a happy-go-lucky old coot, looking out for eBay sellers everywhere.

I think fifties' point is that he was happy to interfere, so the interference was not mean-spirited...more "good-natured" interference. That fifties is really a happy-go-lucky old coot, looking out for eBay sellers everywhere.

lol

I stand corrected. Good to know he's looking out for us. :insane:

Has he chastised you for practically giving away those breath mints? hm

Has he chastised you for practically giving away those breath mints? hm

Repeatedly. It really is kind of endearing.

For my 2c retro has been cool with me and I think we should all accept this apology (even though it is only due to kazoo) and let it be bygones with him. He obviously feels :sorry: and anyone who does not have the ability to let it go has a bigger issue than the person who handled it wrong in the first place. I have no motivation to say this other than the person who shows mercy to people gets mercy (thumbs u

This is a quality post, Rick.

As "ticked off" as I am about this (and believe me, this situation has me burning mad, even though I have no skin in the game), you are correct in issuing forgiveness and mercy. Thank you for reminding me that we are all human.

Just wanted to say "thanks" to all the good folks on the board that chimed in. Believe it or not, your kind words/commiserations meant a lot to me and helped tremendously to deal with this very frustrating situation.

I'm not super-spiritual but try not to let negativity and anger control my life. But I'm sure many of you can imagine what I've been feeling. Spending countless hours online looking for deals, getting up early on weekends to schlepp to the flea markets, trudging through long lines at the comic cons to dig through boxes. The rare treasures dug up keep me going, but something like this makes you wonder "why bother?".

Anyway, many thanks to Robot Man, Sandman, sacentaur, october, lhcomics, sqeggs, Grantley Goddard, thehumantorch, Mr. Bedrock, HHwolfman, Gotham Kid, Hudson, and everyone else who spoke up. I consider you all friends and brothers in collecting even if we haven't met. :foryou:

Just wanted to say "thanks" to all the good folks on the board that chimed in. Believe it or not, your kind words/commiserations meant a lot to me and helped tremendously to deal with this very frustrating situation.

I'm not super-spiritual but try not to let negativity and anger control my life. But I'm sure many of you can imagine what I've been feeling. Spending countless hours online looking for deals, getting up early on weekends to schlepp to the flea markets, trudging through long lines at the comic cons to dig through boxes. The rare treasures dug up keep me going, but something like this makes you wonder "why bother?".

Anyway, many thanks to Robot Man, Sandman, sacentaur, october, lhcomics, sqeggs, Grantley Goddard, thehumantorch, Mr. Bedrock, HHwolfman, Gotham Kid, Hudson, and everyone else who spoke up. I consider you all friends and brothers in collecting even if we haven't met. :foryou:

Kudos (thumbs u Karma goes both way's , you have some banked and someone on the boards is in the red.

Collage%202016-10-10%2016_38_58-1_zpsleiwqk7i.jpg

...what Ferraris are to expensive...?

:cry: This post is so beautiful it makes me wanna post a crazy good deal on ebay and send you the heads up.

And of course refuse to ship it........

You've handled the situation with class and a phenomenal amount of restraint. I'm not sure I would have been so nice about it. :foryou:

Count me in among them kazoo. What happened to you was just awful. But there will be other finds down the road. Hopefully all the do-gooders will be late to the party on them.

I like your attitude. It REALLY sucks what happened to you. Especially since it came from board members. I've always thought we were a tight little club but apparently not so...

At the end of the day, it's just funny books and really doesn't mean that much in the scheme of things. You sound like a real scrounger like my self. Don't give up, your day will come.

Maybe we should just let this go now and focus on why we are all here in the first place.

You handled this so well. I would have been kicked off for sure. When I start selling off dupes, in a few, I will give you a special deal. When I sell off some low grade Timleys, please inform if they are priced to cheap.

...what Ferraris are to expensive...?

...and you are to funny. You are, too.