• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

I don't usually do this, but I just gotta double post. I've been looking forever for #2 of this cool series and finally landed it. A very cool and hard to find short 4 issue run.

comstarletohara1_zpsurxy5hhc.jpg

comstarletohara2_zps11zezl0o.jpg

comstarletohara3_zps6xdirpqs.jpg

comstarletohara4_zpst3jtvzn9.jpg

Congrats! Know you've been chasing that one for a while. Glad you completed the set. :headbang:

I don't usually do this, but I just gotta double post. I've been looking forever for #2 of this cool series and finally landed it. A very cool and hard to find short 4 issue run.

comstarletohara1_zpsurxy5hhc.jpg

comstarletohara2_zps11zezl0o.jpg

comstarletohara3_zps6xdirpqs.jpg

comstarletohara4_zpst3jtvzn9.jpg

Congrats! Know you've been chasing that one for a while. Glad you completed the set. :headbang:

Love the cover on 3.

Ken

This one really takes the cake for weirdness though. What a wild cover. The pink is unusual and very blinding. And the "Butch Dykeman" panel inside, What the hay?

compopularteenagers6a_zpsxa7eqhbm.jpg

need

That's real? hahahahaha I must have that....

Yes sir, right on the splash page. A great book.

Dotty = Tops In Beauty - A Real Hep Cutie

img264.jpg

What a great cover. I must have one.

Ken

Don't recall seeing one before. I think those Dottys are pretty tough.

A lot of the Dottie artwork is by Archie artist Al Hartley. I never was a fan of his Patsy Walker and Atlas work and his Archie work gets mixed responses from Archie fans but in the 1940's I thought his stuff was pretty nice! He did the Ernie books as well.

I really like Al Hartley's work - especially on the Atlas titles Meet Miss Bliss and Della Vision. :luhv: These comics are rarer than hen's teeth.