• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave & Adam's

40 posts in this topic

Never heard of these guys before. They seem to be selling lots of comics in addition to their sports cards and other collectibles. Anyone buy from them?

http://www.dacardworld.com/

Yes. They set up at shows as "Get Cash For Comics"

Been around a few years and have been talked about a lot. Mike Carbo is their buyer and they are based out of Buffalo.

Will, who runs their comic department is a great guy to deal with.

Never heard of these guys before. They seem to be selling lots of comics in addition to their sports cards and other collectibles. Anyone buy from them?

http://www.dacardworld.com/

Yes. They set up at shows as "Get Cash For Comics"

Been around a few years and have been talked about a lot. Mike Carbo is their buyer and they are based out of Buffalo.

Will, who runs their comic department is a great guy to deal with.

I've sold some GA books to them at shows.

Cash for comics indeed. I executed a sale of a big book with Will from Dave and Adam's Card World that started from a sales thread on here and concluded at the Baltimore Comiccon. He made, by far, the best offer than any others I was getting on here and was ready with the cash. Easy smooth and accommodating transaction. I'd highly recommend them and dealing with Will if you have some SA keys you're looking to convert for about the same or just under what you would get at auction without having to pay the seller commissions.

Never bought from them but they always have some key books at shows and an impressive booth literally full of cash and keys.

I would definitely sell to them again.

I picked up my Avengers #4 from them earlier in the Fall--very smooth process, prompt communication.

Landed on them after trying to contact Clink about certain issues listed on the exchange and have yet to hear anything back--two months later. It's amazing how communication will help with a sale.

Also purchased from them a few times off of their eBay listings before learning to contact them directly. Never had any issues, and they're usually open to hearing offers.

I've bought cheap SA HG CGC slabs from them - no problems. They sometimes have really good prices. I usually have several of their books on my watch list, in case an eBay Flash Sale Coupon comes out to sweeten the deal.

I bought cards from them before w no issues

I've bought cheap SA HG CGC slabs from them - no problems. They sometimes have really good prices. I usually have several of their books on my watch list, in case an eBay Flash Sale Coupon comes out to sweeten the deal.

If you see one of their books on eBay, go check their website. Its usually cheaper. Probably reduced 10% or so (to make up eBay fees I guess).

Saw a book I wanted from them on ebay. Called and made an offer, to Will if memory serves. He called me back in about 5 minutes and I sent him the money over.

I don't collect sportscards, but we shot the breeze and talked about the Blues for a few minutes. When the book arrived, he included about 10 packs of hockey cards which my wife passed out to kids at her practice on Halloween.

Overall, a great transaction. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call again in the future.

I play Heroclix and hear that DaCW are good. The only complaint I hear is that pre-ordered cases and such take a bit of time to get to their destination. But I think that it is people who want the convenience and price break of ordering online also want it on release day. :facepalm:

If you see one of their books on eBay, go check their website. Its usually cheaper. Probably reduced 10% or so (to make up eBay fees I guess).

I've done both. If I remember correctly, the postage costs more on their website, so the savings isn't much.

Bought several slabs from them - all good (thumbs u

As others mentioned, they are willing to deal, have solid communications and package the books well.

Think I have a book or two of theirs in my watch list right now :)

-bc