• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MORTAL KOMBAT Reboot from New Line (TBD)

172 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

Wait what there was something at the end of credit @$%$#^%,missed it.good movie goro a little disapointing,cole characther not a fan the rest was great.but there is no tournament wtf?

It was just the locker room scene and Cole saying he was going to Hollywood to find the next fighter (and you see posters on the wall behind him with the name Johnny Cage on them).

Goro got jobbed by Cole, a loser who lost every single one of his fights up to that point. They really really did Goro dirty, he didn't even get a chance to be IN a tournament!

I'm not happy how they treated my favorite game character Liu Kang. He looked weak and passive versus the 1995 movie version of him where he was the noble hero. The reveal at the end who Cole will end up as doesn't make me care one iota more about him. His character unfortunately sucked up all the oxygen of the film. 

Regardless of how bad it is, it WILL earn a boat load of money and justify a sequel (or three). Audiences are starved for new major movie content, so this hitting when it did will take in a good deal both in theatres and streaming (though honestly had this been a 'normal' year I doubt it would have had the legs to last more than a good week, word of mouth isn't going to help this one).

On the positive side, it did something nothing else was able to do: It make Kobra no longer the worst MK character :D  Do you know how impressive a feat that is? THANKS COLE! :D

On 4/24/2021 at 6:10 AM, media_junkie said:

After all these years since seeing the first Mortal Combat movie I still grin from ear to ear listening to that song.

I know right I love the song. When I was teaching middle school years ago my kids loved it too. I use to play 
my students in MK afterschool on Sega lol.

On 4/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

Audiences at the theater gave the film a B+ CinemaScore, which is good (not super - not horrible). For an R-Rated film that's about where you want to be.

Mortal_Kombat_CS01.thumb.jpg.c9f5bc1192c4068bb7f6e5e40b5c97f0.jpg

R-Rated films such as Stephen King's IT Chapter 1 and Joker and even Mad Max: Fury Road all received B+ CinemaScores.

RRated.JPG.311a0e031d44d79663fbae048a74800c.JPG

How can this movie get a B+ I don't buy it. This movie was terrible from start to finish. Even the game nods like Flawless victory
were terrible. As cheesy as the 1st movie was it was much better then this one. The attempt at origin at the beginning made no 
sense and the new character was confusing as hell how they fit in. 

I rarely nitpick Action films, but this one was just god awful.

49 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How can this movie get a B+ I don't buy it. This movie was terrible from start to finish. Even the game nods like Flawless victory
were terrible. As cheesy as the 1st movie was it was much better then this one. The attempt at origin at the beginning made no 
sense and the new character was confusing as hell how they fit in. 

I rarely nitpick Action films, but this one was just god awful.

It's like every MCU movie landing an A-/A no matter what other than Thor (2011) with a B+ (a crime as that movie is fantastic to me). Even Thor: The Dark World received an A- and that was not good..

As far as this being terrible from start to finish, that's your opinion. Others are probably more excited about what they saw, but more importantly where it can go from here. There are high hopes for a solid sequel.

To me, it was fun. But that 1995 is so tough to top.

Edited by Bosco685

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Wow! That Mortal Kombat sequel must be really bad.

MK_Franchise.JPG.dcc4bf4f61f895c73e301336b536c973.JPG

I remember seeing it. But then I don't remember what was in it. That's how bad it was. :eek:

Oh, its SUPER bad. However what it has going for it now many years later, is that it falls into that sweet spot of being so bad that it is fun to watch just to see it crash and burn. So many bad lines, poorly delivered, and awful set pieces are now memes in the MK community, and worth checking out just for that (but never rewatching after the first time. It truly was a wreck and should be nuked from orbit). 

4 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Oh, its SUPER bad. However what it has going for it now many years later, is that it falls into that sweet spot of being so bad that it is fun to watch just to see it crash and burn. So many bad lines, poorly delivered, and awful set pieces are now memes in the MK community, and worth checking out just for that (but never rewatching after the first time. It truly was a wreck and should be nuked from orbit). 

:roflmao:

"Too bad YOU...........will die!"

Within the past day, WWE Superstar The Miz made it known that he wants to play the iconic fighting game character Johnny Cage in a future Mortal Kombat movie. This request from The Miz was one that was largely met with widespread love from fans. So much so, in fact, that it looks like one of the most prominent faces attached to the Mortal Kombat series is even in favor of the idea.

In a follow-up tweet from Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon, the beloved game developer seemed to give The Miz his own blessing when it comes to playing Johnny Cage.

The response from Boon was then met with a litany of replies from fans who either agreed with the casting or shared other actors that they would prefer to see in the role.

48 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It's like every MCU movie landing an A-/A no matter what other than Thor (2011) with a B+ (a crime as that movie is fantastic to me). Even Thor: The Dark World received an A- and that was not good..

As far as this being terrible from start to finish, that's your opinion. Others are probably more excited about what they saw, but more importantly where it can go from here. There are high hopes for a solid sequel.

To me, it was fun. But that 1995 is so tough to top.

I agree I guess I was just disappointed after waiting so long. Really shows you how good or at least how good an attempt the 1995 movie was.
Plus the music.

20 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree I guess I was just disappointed after waiting so long. Really shows you how good or at least how good an attempt the 1995 movie was.
Plus the music.

It is incredible what that 1995 film achieved. To this day.

Now another good one to watch is last year's animated film, Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge. He is so bad in Hell, the devil wants him out!

Dang, I'm surprised to see the Debbie Downers in here!

Without bias, I thought that the movie was good for what it is. I haven't played MK in a few years, and it's been even longer since I saw the old movies. Yes, home boy main character was a drag, but I thought that mostly everything else was pretty awesome. Subzero, Scorpion, Kano, the VFX, etc.

I'd give it a 4/5.

Movie was ok, I wasn't bored through it and enjoyed what I watched. Bad decisions aside, not something I'd watch again but not a movie I would tell people to avoid, worth a watch and hopefully they can fix some things and make a stronger continuation on it.

The beginning was pretty good but the rest was pretty bad all the way around.  I've have to give it a D since I did make it through the whole thing but just barely.