• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic You Want Most

105 posts in this topic

The next few on my radar...

Hulk 181

Vampirella 1

HOM 205 NM or better.

HOM 189 VF+ or so.

And to finally finish off my run of Ghosts. makepoint.gif

Realisticly based on what's in my budget range I'd probably narrow it down to the following books:

Avengers #3, CGC 9.2

ASM#238 CGC 9.8

Sub-Mariner #8 CGC 9.2

FF# 72 CGC 9.4

SS#1 CGC 9.4

FF#16 CGC 9.2

Should pick up a couple of these shortly.

I think there is a FF #16 9.2 on Heritage.

Yup in the May auction and I'm curious to see how high the price will go on this one. Not sure I what to spend that much on just one book given all the books I have bought recently. In my opinion this is one of the most underrated early FF Kirby covers.

Can someone explain the appeal of Batman 238?

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular.

Plus, it's a wraparound Neal Adams cover!

Bat238brad.jpg

And it's damned hard to find without fingerprint ink smudges in the white area. I don't know if it is just one of the relatively few mainly-white covers of the period, or if there was something screwy with the ink used on that particular issue. confused-smiley-013.gif

But most every copy I've ever had my hands on was smudged in some way. (Yah, smudged before I touched it, wisenheimers!) stooges.gif

As a Silver-Age Marvel collector, these two are totally different:

More Fun #73

Dectective Comics #140

in CGC 8.0 or better (but would accept a lesser grade with excellent eye appeal).

One day I will own these but I have a feeling it will be a long time.

Captain America Comics 37 and 46, low grade, mid grade, restored, unrestored, doesn't really matter...anyone have one available for sale/trade!?!? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'd love a nice white paged Curator Spidey. Any Curator Spidey. Though, what I'd like before that, is to be able to afford a nice Curator Spidey.

After that, a Spidey 49 or 101 in NM-/NM. 49 is the highest issue I don't own, and my 101 is dogsh*t.

As a Silver-Age Marvel collector, these two are totally different:

More Fun #73

Dectective Comics #140

in CGC 8.0 or better (but would accept a lesser grade with excellent eye appeal).

One day I will own these but I have a feeling it will be a long time.

So what attracts you to those two books?