• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Fall Auction

264 posts in this topic

3 years ago I had owned an Archie50 in 8.0 and regrettably sold it. It left me feeling like I was missing a vital part. I owned 6.0s 5.0s since then, but sold them cause I had had better and wanted it back. This one cost me a few grand more but I had to be punished for letting my last 8.0 go. 3 years ago when I sold mine the CGC census showed one 9.0 and three in 8.0. Nothing has changed on that end of the spectrum. A tough one to find. My 8.0 that I sold had a 1/4" bindery chip out of the top back corner that I never liked and thought it was a gifty grade. This one I have seen in person.

Would y'all be referrin' to this lil ol' thang? :D

ca20c6a2-15eb-4341-9c8e-f5b4e3c5491c_zpswfzmstnn.jpg

3 years ago I had owned an Archie50 in 8.0 and regrettably sold it. It left me feeling like I was missing a vital part. I owned 6.0s 5.0s since then, but sold them cause I had had better and wanted it back. This one cost me a few grand more but I had to be punished for letting my last 8.0 go. 3 years ago when I sold mine the CGC census showed one 9.0 and three in 8.0. Nothing has changed on that end of the spectrum. A tough one to find. My 8.0 that I sold had a 1/4" bindery chip out of the top back corner that I never liked and thought it was a gifty grade. This one I have seen in person.

seriously? :cry:

Tony, I think about your copy of this book a little more than a healthy person should :insane:

I can't compete with you guys, I will stick to lurking on Ebay for deals.

The best deals I got this week were on the bay.

:headbang:

eBates has been doing 3% back on collectibles category on eBay this week....purchased a $2,500 comic, got $75 back, plus the rewards from my Visa, and 2% eBay Bucks. Okay, so it's a crummy 6% discount, but since I figure the book itself would've cost me $500 more at least on a decent auction site, its a good chunk of change in total. Love buying on ebay this time of the year....always snag a couple of great deals.

beatles%20fans_zpsyktb1o1v.jpg

beatles%20fans_zpsyktb1o1v.jpg

lol

If you'll send that my way I'll gladly refund your dime. :)

My only win, but one I have been wanting a long time.

Ken

ROBOTMEN_zps8lbag2kq.jpg

:applause:

Great pick up. I was watching that one too but more to see how high it would go give the solid grade and relatively long time since I remember seeing one for sell.

I love that cover. Those Robotmen always remind me of this guy ↓ , who interestingly was created the same year (1952) as this comic book. Coincidence or causality??

mr_potato_head_zpsxbnd0lya.jpg

War 11 in 5.5 closed super strong at over $1,700. Maybe its status as a war classic is finally being recognized.

How did this one slip by a few weeks ago? It ended about an hour after I got home from work and I fell asleep waiting to place my snipe bid. :pullhair:

image_zpsgvudgluh.jpg