• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!

447 posts in this topic

Let's get rolling.

I'll get up a book or two left over from last night, then is scanfest for a while.

Comic Capers 3

Looks nice but there are a couple issues.

Split and tear upper spine, and there's a piece out upper edge of the last page, gets into art and affects one word balloon badly, and slightly affects another. Light sub-type crease FC.

Otherwise flat and clean, tight with white pages.

Asking $35 SOLD!

VwO8oJ8.jpg

Fightin' Marines 3 (#16 on cover, V1 #3 in indicia, December 1951)

Graytone cover, six pages of Canteen Kate!

Chip out upper spine, couple dogears FC, bit of general wear. Bit of gloss left, tight spine and CF, white pages.

EDIT: Yours for $30

AeLlzuE.jpg

Four Color 969, Peanuts #2

And a decent copy at that. Tiny tear upper FC, another lower FC, big of general wear, touch of stacking roll.

Otherwise glossy, clean, tight spine and CF, offwhite - white pages.

Asking $45 SOLD!

ZFwvEe3.jpg

1955 :gossip:

Nope.

December 1951. I believe either O'street made a mistake with the graytone observation, or it's one of their little tricks to protect copyright.

This is the start of the run after the change of title from The Texan, evidently the USPS caught them and made them start the numbering over, and the cover never got changed.

Nope.

December 1951. I believe either O'street made a mistake with the graytone observation, or it's one of their little tricks to protect copyright.

This is the start of the run after the change of title from The Texan, evidently the USPS caught them and made them start the numbering over, and the cover never got changed.

There's a CCA stamp on the cover...

The Charlton run didn't start until '55.

Four Color 969, Peanuts #2

And a decent copy at that. Tiny tear upper FC, another lower FC, big of general wear, touch of stacking roll.

Otherwise glossy, clean, tight spine and CF, offwhite - white pages.

Asking $45

ZFwvEe3.jpg

I'll Take It

Was hoping you got that Rick, now leave a few GGA's for me. (You're broke remember?)

Take your time for about an hour... then list a bunch for us poor schmoos still at work Rick!

Or, put on all those war comics, BA and Caspers first!

Just for that I'm putting up vintage Timely and Archie teen humor!

...in about an hour.

Nope.

There's a CCA stamp on the cover...

The Charlton run didn't start until '55.

Right. In that case Charlton shot EVERYTHING from the original plates, right down to the indicia, which states 1951. A closer read of the fine print says Saint John, sure enough.

I blame it all on Robot, for trying to hurry me in my scanfest, lol

All right, let's rock!

Detective Comics 90

Tape at staples inside cover, another 3" piece inside BC. Some general wear, light sub-type crease FC. 1/2" split lower spine, small light stain lower BC.

Bit of gloss left, tight with offwhite pages.

Asking $150

M9x5YLI.jpg

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 40

Chips off upper and lower outside corners FC, general wear, tear upper BC, and a spot top and bottom center BC indented from being bound in original shipping bundle. Yes folks, they used to tie funnybooks up with twine and toss them out at the news stand! No, really.

Good gloss, tight with white pages.

Asking $25 SOLD!

XdpbhVl.jpg

Wilbur 15

Cover loose, light stain FC left of couch, should be visible in scan. Scritchscratch along upper edge BC on the left, some general wear.

CF is tight, offwhite pages.

Asking $20 SOLD!

ouo7AUp.jpg