• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your TOP CENSUS copies

447 posts in this topic

You're right... though, I don't know if Super Heroes Versus Super Villains 1 (1966)

might be older (but only by a few months, if at all).

(Does it count as an Archie?) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It is an Archie publication, but having no Archie characters, I don't consider it an Archie comic (if that makes any sense insane.gif)

You photoshopped that, didn't you. That's not real....it's a virtual slab. foreheadslap.gif

I scanned the book and the label separately (my scanner's not large enough for an "all-at-once" scan).

Here's the book with some friends. grin.gif

cgcbest-big.jpg

Valiantman said at one point that this was the earliest SA DC 9.8. Don`t know if it still is, but I think I`ll keep it anyway. grin.gif

showcase38.jpg

It looks like copies of Flash #149 (12/1964) have been graded CGC 9.8...

so now it's third... behind Justice League of America 37 (8/1965).

Still nice, though! thumbsup2.gif

Greg - i'm confused here. confused.gif

why isn't the showcase (metal men) still the earliest SA 9.8?? surely Flash 149 and JLA 37 came later?!?!?!

Speaking of Census....anybody here own (or knows who owns) the 9.9 copy of UXM 137??? hail.gif

Valiantman said at one point that this was the earliest SA DC 9.8. Don`t know if it still is, but I think I`ll keep it anyway. grin.gif

showcase38.jpg

It looks like copies of Flash #149 (12/1964) have been graded CGC 9.8...

so now it's third... behind Justice League of America 37 (8/1965).

Still nice, though! thumbsup2.gif

Greg - i'm confused here. confused.gif

why isn't the showcase (metal men) still the earliest SA 9.8?? surely Flash 149 and JLA 37 came later?!?!?!

foreheadslap.gif

Bah! I screwed up! blush.gif

I saw Metal Men, then checked my listings and found a 9.8 for Metal Men 58 (9/1965).

So... I assumed that was the Metal Men book that was staring me right in the face.

Whoops! blush.gif

(I even thought I could read the tiny "58" issue number on the cover...)

Ok, Showcase 38 (1962) is still the OLDEST Silver Age D.C. comic in CGC 9.8 condition.

BUT... (this might be news) there is a CGC 9.9 for Superman 164 (1963)

as well as a CGC 9.9 for House of Secrets 77 (1966) and Atom 29 (1967).

(If anyone's wondering, there are 36 pre-1956 D.C. comics in CGC 9.8.)

Sorry about that! flowerred.gif