• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your TOP CENSUS copies

447 posts in this topic

Glad you like my Strange Tales set. I'll be adding images sooner or later. I'm looking forward to seeing yours up! I was wondering when you'd knock me down a peg...figured I'd be #1 while it lasted! laugh.gif

I'm also waiting to get blown away by Doug's run... cloud9.gif

Here are my two top census books. What's strange about them (besides being Doctor Strange titles) is that they are the ONLY ONES in the census for these comics. I could understand that for the Marvel Milestone Strange Tales, which is actually very hard to find, but for Flight of Bones #1? It's amazing to me that no one else has had one graded...

marvelmilestone.jpg

Here are my two top census books. What's strange about them (besides being Doctor Strange titles) is that they are the ONLY ONES in the census for these comics. I could understand that for the Marvel Milestone Strange Tales, which is actually very hard to find, but for Flight of Bones #1? It's amazing to me that no one else has had one graded...

marvelmilestone.jpg

Should've been the cover to the original ST 110. Although your version was equally good....

Should've been the cover to the original ST 110. Although your version was equally good....

It would probably make more sense for this one to be the cover for Strange Tales #115, as Doc didn't have his cape yet in ish 110, and the "Who is he? Where did he come from?" text denotes his origin.

Purchased on ebay raw via a "...will you accept $x for this and end the auction early..." listing! I hunted for a high grade copy of this book for several years on ebay/CBG/conventions before acquiring this in 2000 from a former artist on Mad Magazine, and while there were maybe 4-5 "NM" copies listed on ebay in the 90's, most were snagged like I snagged mine (the auction ended early). I believe the NM copies that ran the full duration ended up in the $150-250 range.

This was the 1st 9.4 on the census, although shortly after I got it slabbed a 2nd 9.4 copy appeared and promptly sold on ebay to another forum member for around $450 (what a bargain!!). Since then, I don't recall a single NM copy (raw or slabbed) offered on ebay (there was a high grade CGG/PGX copy, but I don't believe it was a 9.4?). The 3rd unrestored copy on the census (there's one 9.4 restored) was posted earlier in this thread by greggy and is from Bill Howard's squarebound collection and was purchased from an AllStar auction.

I sold this book to a friend in the Spring of '02 when I was buying a new house. It's the only book I've ever really regretted selling, and when he offered to sell it back to me a few years later (he went through a Nic Cage life-crisis phase), I jumped at the chance. He's since emailed me and offered "WAY more" than the original purchase/re-purchase price!!

dc494.jpg

This was the 1st 9.4 on the census, although shortly after I got it slabbed a 2nd 9.4 copy appeared and promptly sold on ebay to another forum member for around $450 (what a bargain!!). Since then, I don't recall a single NM copy (raw or slabbed) offered on ebay (there was a high grade CGG/PGX copy, but I don't believe it was a 9.4?).

What do I know anyway...a check of GPA shows that the 3rd 9.4 sold in '03 for $740. Nice flip, assuming the board member that apparently sold it doesn't end up with seller's remorse like I did!

TIm,

LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!! Yeah but you outbid for that GL1. I had to go to a @#$%% party that night and I missed out on having a wonderful bidding war with you!

Steve

Then I`ll say thank you very much! That was one of the last times I really felt I got a great deal on a HG early SA DC. 4.74X Guide? I`ll pay that all day for 9.4 early GLs. Have you checked out my GLs on the registry? poke2.gif