• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All-American comics no.16 the Green lantern

299 posts in this topic

I will have it graded, no question
why have it graded if you aren't selling ?

I'd have it graded for whoever the OP passes it down to, if he holds onto it that long. It will remove the headache of trying to identify the issue and its importance for someone unfamiliar with the hobby, as well as eliminating a lot of questions/concerns that would come along when making a transaction involving a book such as this.

Also, he stated he's not a collector or GL fan, so there is no desire to flip through it.

Just my 2c

To the OP: Awesome find, btw! You should try to find the backstory of how your grandfather got the comic and why he decided to pass it down. Not only is it a cool book, but it probably has a cool story behind it.

Yeah, the plastic bag he has it in currently looks like adequate protection.

lol

That was my thought as well. Ranks right up there with Saran wrap ?

all that aside, I was just curious why he wanted to have it graded ...most non comic folks Ive talked to, only grade comics to sell them (thumbs u

all that aside, I was just curious why he wanted to have it graded ...most non comic folks Ive talked to, only grade comics to sell them (thumbs u

He said he was passing it down through the family, perhaps to save the next of kin the hassle...etc

If they ever needed to sell, I'm sure.....they might lol

I'd have it graded to end any further damage.... Man I'm loving that it was an inheritance, what a gift :)

He said he was passing it down through the family, perhaps to save the next of kin the hassle...etc

If they ever needed to sell, I'm sure.....they might lol

I'd have it graded to end any further damage.... Man I'm loving that it was an inheritance, what a gift :)

also easier to accurately insure the graded copy.

Thanks, my dad has had the book for 30 plus years, I have it now safely in a chest filled with baseball cards safely set on a newspaper until I get it graded, it's been in there for around 15 years that way, I just decided to do some research on it.

1.8 to 2.0

Also looks like the hand matches the age of the comic :)

I'd say in the 1.0-1.8 range. If it grades a 2.0, the OP should do cartwheels for a week.

It's pretty beat up and the pages look Tan (at best). But, it's complete and nothing is detached.

It's not a book you see very often. I've seen more Action 1's and Tec 27's than I have AA16. Just a fantastic story/find. Really awesome that the OP's grandfather kept it (of all books!).