• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carrie Fisher has heart attack on plane!

33 posts in this topic

2016 - A very bad year...

Yeah, no kidding. This year just needs to end. I feel like at the Oscars instead of an "in Memorium" tribute they should do an update on "those still with us after 2016." ... it would be shorter!

Last night the news said "stable"

That's what her brother passed on to the news. Stable. And as of two hours ago...

Carrie Fisher stable but being treated in intensive care unit

Carrie Fisher is being treated in an intensive care unit after a serious medical emergency on a flight, according to her brother.

On Friday night, Todd Fisher told The Associated Press that his sister was receiving excellent care, but said that he could not classify her condition. He had earlier told the AP that she had been stabilized and was out of the emergency room.

In a subsequent interview, he said many details about her condition or what caused the medical emergency are unknown, and much of what had been reported was speculation.

"We have to wait and be patient," he said. "We have so little information ourselves."

:wishluck:

Given what I have read out for at least 25 minutes without a pulse probably over 30 minutes in the long run. She is lucky to be alive, but the real question is what kind of brain damage has she suffered as a result of not having a pulse that long. The answer is probably serious brain damage. Given that and her history of drug abuse and mental illness, I wish she would have just passed away so she would no longer has to suffer if she does have serious rain damage. By the way the speculation is that by losing a significant amount of weight to do the role for Force Awakens put her more at risk than she was before so blame JJ Abrams

The morning news here says she is in intensive care :(

That's standard for cardiac issues such as this. I've had friends and family have heart attacks and suspected heart attacks and you go into IC as it's the most closely monitored area of the hospital. I wouldn't read more into it than that.

It's very sad, I do hope she recovers fully

I'm not an expert but 15 mins without a pulse, what does that actually mean?

happened to me this year...took some time to mentally recover,and not still ALL there,but im okay..I think lol:insane:

It's very sad, I do hope she recovers fully

I'm not an expert but 15 mins without a pulse, what does that actually mean?

From all things I read she was on the plane without a pulse for 10 minutes and it took the medical crew on the ground 15 minutes to get a pulse back to her. So you are looking at least 25 minutes without a pulse probably over 30 minutes. In those instances, those people have a much higher rate of severe brain damage. The rate is close to 75 percent of the people in those situations.