• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love Is Love; Harry Potter's 1st comic app coming Dec 28th?
1 1

187 posts in this topic

Honestly, this is the only place I've seen where people are even enquiring how CGC will label the slabs. A lot of fans are probably just buying because JKR endorsed it and the money's going to a good cause.

Well this is CGC's forum, if not here then where?

Personally I love when odd things like this come up, just makes the hobby more interesting.

Right. Just meant most other news outlets don't care about all that minutiae. It's first time Harry Potter is making an official appearance on a comic book ergo first appearance/comic debut.

It's only here where you get heated debates about whether it should be labeled a cameo, 1st app, etc. Mind, labeling it a pin-up is probably the fairest and most accurate. :)

Granted, I reckon majority of HP fans probably aren't even aware that you can slab comic books. :D

The key word here is OFFICIAL appearance. Harry has other comic appearances. I see nothing in any definition of debut or first appearance that states the author of a book character adapted into comic form needs to be authorized. Go with Mystic 15.

Honestly, this is the only place I've seen where people are even enquiring how CGC will label the slabs. A lot of fans are probably just buying because JKR endorsed it and the money's going to a good cause.

Personally I love when odd things like this come up, just makes the hobby more interesting.

Right. Just meant most other news outlets don't care about all that minutiae. It's first time Harry Potter is making an official appearance on a comic book ergo first appearance/comic debut.

It's only here where you get heated debates about whether it should be labeled a cameo, 1st app, etc. Mind, labeling it a pin-up is probably the fairest and most accurate. :)

Granted, I reckon majority of HP fans probably aren't even aware that you can slab comic books. :D

The key word here is OFFICIAL appearance. Harry has other comic appearances. I see nothing in any definition of debut or first appearance that states the author of a book character adapted into comic form needs to be authorized. Go with Mystic 15.

I could be wrong here, but I don't think he has ever been named. Not now, not before.

I could be wrong here, but I don't think he has ever been named. Not now, not before.

E8CC150A-EA9C-4691-8CA2-8AA7C5DD822F.jpg

Ouch, someone paid $30 based on this nonsense...

"Love is Love is a Very Limited First Print Run. I have been told there was a printing error and all first print comics which this is say second print, because I purchased this the day it was released it is first print though it says second. I am currently getting an email from the comic shop proving this and will post it. This is the First appearance of Harry Potter in a Comic Book. This is sure to go up in Value. Rare Book, Purchase before it really gets pricey.

I ship within one to two days

New off the comic book shelf condition in protective plastic cover.

Great for any serious HP collector.

Good luck

No refunds

Tracking will be provided.

Free shipping"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272502765606

Current BIN going rate seems to be $20+$5 shipping or $25 with free ship so they paid $5 higher than ebay rates. That said, this is still available for $10 from Amazon and afaik, they ship internationally so don't really get why everyone's flocking to ebay and paying double or more. (shrug)

lol, anyone want to take a guess how much the actual first prints with the sticker will fetch when they hit the 'bay? lol

As pis poor as most ebay sellers pack their books, the Amazon ones are way worse. Play it safe, pay more on ebay and take the chance that you're buying from someone who knows what he's doing

This man is telling the truth I wont buy comics from Amazon unless I am desperate or investing cheap. The majority just cant pack their books and don't care to because the return policy is a pain in the :censored:

This man is telling the truth I wont buy comics from Amazon unless I am desperate or investing cheap. The majority just cant pack their books and don't care to because the return policy is a pain in the :censored:

Well aware of Amazon's poor packaging. That said, I figure having a copy in NM condition primarily matters for investors/speculators and not those who actually intend to read the book. I kinda expected all the investors/speculators would have already bought their copies by now.

Preordered my copies for 6.49 from DCBS. Should be arriving in the next shipment.

Edited by aerischan

I think you are right. Moore's version of Potter is my favorite.

B&N staggered shipments, but happy to report everything is First Printing. :hehe:

First prints with a sticker over the barcode, or without a sticker over the barcode?

With stickers, easy to remove if needed, want to see some CGC slabs come out first !

Looks like first prints with the stickers left on selling for close to 3x retail at at this point... eggcellent. :applause:

B&N staggered shipments, but happy to report everything is First Printing. :hehe:

First prints with a sticker over the barcode, or without a sticker over the barcode?

With stickers, easy to remove if needed, want to see some CGC slabs come out first !

Looks like first prints with the stickers left on selling for close to 3x retail at at this point... eggcellent. :applause:

If all of the 1st prints have the stickers, wouldn't removing them get a green label from CGC?

If all of the 1st prints have the stickers, wouldn't removing them get a green label from CGC?

I would assume so? No definitive answers 'til the first slabs come out, hopefully some collectors have already gone ahead with it.

And for sure, Chadwick... a rousing success. Have a feeling Jim Lee was astute enough to see it all unfolding this way. : )

Seems like some of Amazon's is 1st printing, too. Crossed my fingers and ordered a single copy there hoping for a 1st print for PC since I had Prime shipping anyway. Got lucky. :grin:

Surprisingly, the book came in NM condition so as much as I hate the packaging they used and found it a pain in the neck to open (large pieces of cardboad glued together with a kinda draggy/rubbery/sticky feel in the interior), it seemed to have done a decent job protecting the book.

I think so, but how long before someone removes a sticker, leaving no trace? Probably won't make a difference in the long run, whether your 1st print has a sticker or not, since it may be undetectable.

I think so, but how long before someone removes a sticker, leaving no trace? Probably won't make a difference in the long run, whether your 1st print has a sticker or not, since it may be undetectable.

If they all have it, it would be known to have been removed.

If they all have it, it would be known to have been removed.

Right. Possible removing the sticker might actually be considered a no-no where CGC is concerned. (shrug)