• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love Is Love; Harry Potter's 1st comic app coming Dec 28th?
1 1

187 posts in this topic

I guess I don't really get it as

harry potter appeared in mystic 15 and futurama 16....

1st authorized appearance?

Did dr strange appear in mystic 15 and if he did why didn't marvel seek legal action?

Crossgen went out of business ? He was in one of those issues as were a lot of wizards and magician. I thought Harry Potter was in a recent Dr. Strange book, wasn't he ?

Did dr strange appear in mystic 15 and if he did why didn't marvel seek legal action?

Crossgen went out of business ? He was in one of those issues as were a lot of wizards and magician. I thought Harry Potter was in a recent Dr. Strange book, wasn't he ?

Right Marvel could care less really. Now had they used the character in some way it might have mattered. A very slight cameo pic unless they are thumbing their noses are Marvel with it they got better things to do.

Bingo, that won't cut it. I could have self-published Harry Potter (and gotten my arse sued), wouldn't count ..

This doesn't count either. This is just a random sketch in a pin-up/sketch book from what I can see. No story, no appearance.

How it's labeled by a grading company is also completely irrelevant.

I remember that issue. I also remember Crossgen using other characters like a Sherlock Holmes clone in Ruse and a Superman/Clark Kent doppelgänger in Negation War #1.

There's a long, long history in comics of creators slipping in cameos of characters that they don't own or have any right to use. Some are subtle, some more blatant.

you all do realize that books of magic's Harry can be seen as the first 'proto-type' in that Rowlings admitted to reading those prior to coming up with a character so similar....

Wut?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Hunter

...both Harry Potter and Timothy Hunter are "boy wizards" from British writers in the 1990s, but they're both probably influenced by this earlier one (1988):

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/luke-kirby/4005-82456/

The story starts as the boy wizard goes to the train station by himself to go live with his uncle...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/2000-ad-collect-journal-luke-kirby-2017-949655

Ha! I loved these books. I forgot how much like Harry Potter they were. I wonder if that factors into why it's taken so long to have Harry in comics.

Bingo, that won't cut it. I could have self-published Harry Potter (and gotten my arse sued), wouldn't count ..

This doesn't count either. This is just a random sketch in a pin-up/sketch book from what I can see. No story, no appearance.

How it's labeled by a grading company is also completely irrelevant.

Cheerios aaaaaand emphatically Disagreed. :D A pedigree, a classic cover etc. etc. as designated by CGC carries more weight on the market than your or my opinions.

End of the day, a far better cause than this quibbling.

Wow $40!

Part of it has to be that they weren't many up on the bay, that may change now.