• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love Is Love; Harry Potter's 1st comic app coming Dec 28th?
1 1

187 posts in this topic

If anyone's fast-tracking at CGC, could they post up the slab's label? Regardless of edition B-)

How much do you have invested in this?

Already profited... but keeping some as a collector. Ain't a regular speculator. ;)

Yup, the 'ol pump and dump...

If anyone's fast-tracking at CGC, could they post up the slab's label? Regardless of edition B-)

Already profited... but keeping some as a collector. Ain't a regular speculator. ;)

The pump wasn't really because of this board. That was due to widespread media coverage. People just took advantage of a quick flip.

The pump wasn't really because of this board. That was due to widespread media coverage. People just took advantage of a quick flip.

The PUMP and DUMP is people saying and trying to make this Harry Potter's "1st appearance"......because really, it's just a pin-up.

This poster clearly has their own agenda.

The PUMP and DUMP is people saying and trying to make this Harry Potter's "1st appearance"......because really, it's just a pin-up.

Honestly, this is the only place I've seen where people are even enquiring how CGC will label the slabs. A lot of fans are probably just buying because JKR endorsed it and the money's going to a good cause.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/18/business/media/with-comic-book-celebrities-pay-tribute-to-orlando-victims.html?_r=1

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2016/12/19/rowling-contributes-harry-potter-quote-to-comic-book-tribute/

http://io9.gizmodo.com/harry-potter-makes-comic-book-debut-in-lgbt-benefit-spe-1790466678

http://www.mtv.com/news/2965451/j-k-rowling-harry-potter-tribute-love-is-love-anthology/

I bought a grand total of 2 copies for my personal collection. I'm a bit of a Potterhead myself and all things considered, this is a drop in the bucket compared to what I've spent in theme park admissions and other Potter-related merchandise.

Edited by aerischan

Honestly, this is the only place I've seen where people are even enquiring how CGC will label the slabs. A lot of fans are probably just buying because JKR endorsed it and the money's going to a good cause.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/18/business/media/with-comic-book-celebrities-pay-tribute-to-orlando-victims.html?_r=1

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2016/12/19/rowling-contributes-harry-potter-quote-to-comic-book-tribute/

http://io9.gizmodo.com/harry-potter-makes-comic-book-debut-in-lgbt-benefit-spe-1790466678

http://www.mtv.com/news/2965451/j-k-rowling-harry-potter-tribute-love-is-love-anthology/

I bought a grand total of 2 copies for my personal collection. I'm a bit of a Potterhead myself and all things considered, this is a drop in the bucket compared to what I've spent in theme park admissions and other Potter-related merchandise.

Yup, mostly just one person in fact.

Well this is CGC's forum, if not here then where?

Personally I love when odd things like this come up, just makes the hobby more interesting.

Personally I love when odd things like this come up, just makes the hobby more interesting.

Right. Just meant most other news outlets don't care about all that minutiae. It's first time Harry Potter is making an official appearance on a comic book ergo first appearance/comic debut.

It's only here where you get heated debates about whether it should be labeled a cameo, 1st app, etc. Mind, labeling it a pin-up is probably the fairest and most accurate. :)

Granted, I reckon majority of HP fans probably aren't even aware that you can slab comic books. :D

Right. Just meant most other news outlets don't care about all that minutiae. It's first time Harry Potter is making an official appearance on a comic book ergo first appearance/comic debut.

It's only here where you get heated debates about whether it should be labeled a cameo, 1st app, etc. Mind, labeling it a pin-up is probably the fairest and most accurate. :)

Granted, I reckon majority of HP fans probably aren't even aware that you can slab comic books. :D

I agree, pin-up is the best way to go.

:D yeah HP fans probably couldn't care less about slabs. Heck I'm still surprised by how many comic books fans I know that have no idea about slabs.

Exactly. Modern section on here is well known for its snarky assumptions (as seen in this very thread), but once in a while we can pretend it can hold a candle to the GA section in terms of fun miscellany. ;)

btw, pump-dump doesn't apply to a book where one continues to hold XX copies, as any profits from selling now might be dwarfed later on.

At the least, this covered my hawthorne wood HP wand at Universal lol

Oh, thanks for clarifying the rules of pump and dump. Where may I review the rest of the rules?

btw, pump-dump doesn't apply to a book where one continues to hold XX copies, as any profits from selling now might be dwarfed later on.

Oh, thanks for clarifying the rules of pump and dump. Where may I review the rest of the rules?

:-* <3 love ya, bub.

Heck I'm still surprised by how many comic books fans I know that have no idea about slabs.

And that's actually probably better for the overall health of the comic industry.

I reckon the industry could benefit from more readers who religiously buy issue after issue over folks buying exclusively Golden/Silver/Bronze age slabs or manufactured collectibles by way of incentive variants and retailer exclusives.

Granted, cultivating readers would require good ongoing stories instead of a spate on #1s every few months. :D

Hawthorn, unicorn hair, reasonably springy. :D

Got two of those (regular one in 2013 and an interactive one in 2015) along with a couple others. lol

Edited by aerischan

Heck I'm still surprised by how many comic books fans I know that have no idea about slabs.

And that's actually probably better for the overall health of the comic industry.

I reckon the industry could benefit from more readers who religiously buy issue after issue over folks buying exclusively Golden/Silver/Bronze age slabs or manufactured collectibles by way of incentive variants and retailer exclusives.

Granted, cultivating readers would require good ongoing stories instead of a spate on #1s every few months. :D

Hawthorn, unicorn hair, reasonably springy. :D

Got two of those (regular one in 2013 and an interactive one in 2015) along with a couple others. lol

Atta man !! :applause:

Atta man !! :applause:

Most fun part, treated the family to the Universal VIP experience and coincidentally, my 10yo nephew got chosen at Ollivander's (only kid in the group). Priceless. :cloud9:

Of course, his dad was forced to buy him the wand afterwards and he's already planning on starting a collection. lol

Ouch, someone paid $30 based on this nonsense...

"Love is Love is a Very Limited First Print Run. I have been told there was a printing error and all first print comics which this is say second print, because I purchased this the day it was released it is first print though it says second. I am currently getting an email from the comic shop proving this and will post it. This is the First appearance of Harry Potter in a Comic Book. This is sure to go up in Value. Rare Book, Purchase before it really gets pricey.

I ship within one to two days

New off the comic book shelf condition in protective plastic cover.

Great for any serious HP collector.

Good luck

No refunds

Tracking will be provided.

Free shipping"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272502765606

"Love is Love is a Very Limited First Print Run. I have been told there was a printing error and all first print comics which this is say second print, because I purchased this the day it was released it is first print though it says second. I am currently getting an email from the comic shop proving this and will post it. This is the First appearance of Harry Potter in a Comic Book. This is sure to go up in Value. Rare Book, Purchase before it really gets pricey.

Good luck

No refunds

Free shipping"

Current BIN going rate seems to be $20+$5 shipping or $25 with free ship so they paid $5 higher than ebay rates. That said, this is still available for $10 from Amazon and afaik, they ship internationally so don't really get why everyone's flocking to ebay and paying double or more. (shrug)

lol, anyone want to take a guess how much the actual first prints with the sticker will fetch when they hit the 'bay? lol

Good luck

No refunds

Free shipping"

Current BIN going rate seems to be $20+$5 shipping or $25 with free ship so they paid $5 higher than ebay rates. That said, this is still available for $10 from Amazon and afaik, they ship internationally so don't really get why everyone's flocking to ebay and paying double or more. (shrug)

lol, anyone want to take a guess how much the actual first prints with the sticker will fetch when they hit the 'bay? lol

As pis poor as most ebay sellers pack their books, the Amazon ones are way worse. Play it safe, pay more on ebay and take the chance that you're buying from someone who knows what he's doing

Good luck

No refunds

Free shipping"

As pis poor as most ebay sellers pack their books, the Amazon ones are way worse. Play it safe, pay more on ebay and take the chance that you're buying from someone who knows what he's doing

Check your LCS first!