• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love Is Love; Harry Potter's 1st comic app coming Dec 28th?
1 1

187 posts in this topic

What I'm thinking is the first printing books will say "First Print" and have the sticker over the bar code.

In the end, it should have an advantage (typically the case) unless significantly fewer second printings were made.

Just conjecture at this point though, don't quote me on it.

and the people that bought copies are not cancelling.

:cloud9: the free market.

The copy I mailed out is coming back but the buyer still wants to get a 1st print if I find them so a satisfied customer even with having to issue a refund is still a good thing. Maybe the 2nd print will end up selling for more in the end, who knows

What I'm thinking is the first printing books will say "First Print" and have the sticker over the bar code.

In the end, it should have an advantage (typically the case) unless signficiantly fewer second printings were made.

I agree, typically I'd say it'll be the first print but the CGC label is where things will get really interesting.

It's possible we end up with the second printing dated in 2016 and the first printing dated in 2017. Something that drastic may settle this debate for collectors.

There has already been a Harry Potter comic book.

The company that eventually became Ardden Entertainment put together an original HP 1st issue to present to JKR and her lawyers. JKR was, at the time very anti HP being a comic book and the project went no further.

I have it from a very reliable source that the print run was in the region of 50 copies. I own a copy and at least a couple of the other surviving copies have been graded by a rival of CGC.

The company that eventually became Ardden Entertainment put together an original HP 1st issue to present to JKR and her lawyers. JKR was, at the time very anti HP being a comic book and the project went no further.

I have it from a very reliable source that the print run was in the region of 50 copies. I own a copy and at least a couple of the other surviving copies have been graded by a rival of CGC.

Probably doesn't count as an authorized use of the character but I'd love to see a photo.

Probably doesn't count as an authorized use of the character but I'd love to see a photo.

Sadly, my copy is in deep storage. From memory, the cover and interior art were done by Paul Green who has done work for Zenescope and also did Overrun.

I now recall that the publisher was AP comics, (which I think shared some personnel with Ardden, and possibly morphed into that company, although i'm not certain).

Sadly, my copy is in deep storage. From memory, the cover and interior art were done by Paul Green who has done work for Zenescope and also did Overrun.

I now recall that the publisher was AP comics, (which I think shared some personnel with Ardden, and possibly morphed into that company, although i'm not certain).

I would as well just see what it would have looked like.

100% does not, but likewise am curious... : )

Photos of the 1st print (not mine).

Anyone have an idea how that sticker will impact the grade?

12026E8C-9620-4485-BBF5-62710670D344.jpeg

E0F8BC73-B943-44AD-BE4B-C8686BFC83EA.jpeg

Printed in Canada?! What will those crazy Liberal Canucks do next eh?