• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love Is Love; Harry Potter's 1st comic app coming Dec 28th?
1 1

187 posts in this topic

Dear Diamond Customer:

IDW Publishing has issued the following advisory to retailers regarding Love Is Love (OCT160480), which shipped to stores this week.

“As some of you are aware, Love Is Love, the one-shot anthology IDW is publishing, in partnership with DC, which both pays tribute to and benefits the victims of the Orlando Pulse nightclub shooting, arrived to your store as a ‘2nd Printing.’

This is due to a printing error on the UPC code of the 1st Printing that caused the book to be delayed. At the same time, a second printing was initiated — and now a third — all great for the organization but the re-stickering of the first print caused this error to occur.

We apologize for the inconvenience and regret any confusion. The intentions of this book are sincere with the goal being for something positive to come out of the tragedy that sparked it. Our hope is that the misprint will not disrupt aiding those who were affected most and should not be punished for this error.

Demand has exceeded supply on this book by a significant quantity, but if you feel strongly that you need to return the second printings, please contact your Retailer Services Representative.

https://comicsheatingup.net/2016/12/30/the-love-is-love-mystery/#more-18359

...arrived to your store as a ‘2nd Printing.’

This is due to a printing error on the UPC code of the 1st Printing that caused the book to be delayed. At the same time, a second printing was initiated — and now a third — all great for the organization but the re-stickering of the first print caused this error to occur.

Can someone explain this in English?

So the 1st print had a UPC error and was delayed. A 2nd print was run. OK

Were the 1st prints shipped out?

Did anyone pick up an actual 1st printing and if so from where?

All 4 of my copies from Midtown are second printing.

Charity aside, we all know for collectors the only thing that will matter is the CGC label which will read "Second Printing".

Charity aside, we all know for collectors the only thing that will matter is the CGC label which will read "Second Printing".

Yea what a bummer. Im surprised Midtown didn't notify its customers that it would be the 2nd print shipping out and not the 1st print.

Yea what a bummer. Im surprised Midtown didn't notify its customers that it would be the 2nd print shipping out and not the 1st print.

One solution would be to scrap the first print run entirely, but this is for a charity so that's just not an option.

I hope they place those corrected stickers neatly on the 1st prints.

Anybody have a first printing? I don't care about the book, but this is the first time I've heard of a second printing shipping first in place of a missing(?) first printing. Kind of interested to see how it plays out.

Anybody have a first printing? I don't care about the book, but this is the first time I've heard of a second printing shipping first in place of a missing(?) first printing. Kind of interested to see how it plays out.

It is interesting. I wonder if the CGC labels will read the date of the 2nd print as 12/16 and the date of the 1st print as 1/17.

When the 1st prints finally arrive, aren't they going to be devalued anyway because of the sticker the publisher is adding to them? Seems like the 2nd print might be the one to have since it A) came out first and B) won't have a sticker.