• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2017 at 6:50 AM, TheWatcher said:

Since everyone seems to be ignoring you :baiting:, let me chime in and say "Nice books!" :foryou:

It's not that everybody is ignoring the new postings of the Centaur books from Gator.  I believe it's all to do with the new and NOT improved boards which we now have here.

For the old-time GA board members here, we hate change and especially when the changes are quite drastic and not necessarily for the better.  As you can tell from my board ID, I am still waiting for the merging of my accounts.  All of this white space and less clarity in the separation of the posts also makes it a lot harder to go through the threads here.

I assume this is all a matter of time and getting used to the new boards, but it has certainly dampen my interest in spending time on the boards here.  :frown:

Edited by lou_fine1

I'm enjoying your show Rick but the Boards, not so much.  A little slow at times and definitely awkward.  I'm waiting for the ability to customize the view back to something easier on the eyes.

52 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

I'm enjoying your show Rick but the Boards, not so much.  A little slow at times and definitely awkward.  I'm waiting for the ability to customize the view back to something easier on the eyes.

+1

Unfortunately yes, indeed! 

The amount of time I spend on these new boards here is probably a single digit fraction of the time that I used to spend on the old boards.  :frown:

The issue with the boards is density - too few posts per page - posts are not in a condensed enough format.

It's all formatting and it needs to be fixed. Condense things.

The left side showing the poster needs to be narrowed (or minimized), to provide space for the actual posts.  

There needs to be better differentiation between posts (a bright line). 

The reality is, if they had just kept the old format and added the one important upgrade -like making photos easier to upload - we would all be cheering.

As is, I'm not a fan.

Edited by Johnny545

Amazing mystery funnies 20

this issue proved to be a challenge. My first copy was from a bound volume. Finally "upgraded" to a low grade copy. Fun issue though!

IMG_4333.JPG

Edited by G.A.tor

14 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

The issue with the boards is density - too few posts per page - posts are not in a condensed enough format.

It's all formatting and it needs to be fixed. Condense things.

The left side showing the poster needs to be narrowed (or minimized), to provide space for the actual posts.  

There needs to be better differentiation between posts (a bright line). 

The reality is, if they had just kept the old format and added the one important upgrade -like making photos easier to upload - we would all be cheering.

As is, I'm not a fan.

(thumbsu

Finally able to post again!  Great thread!  Agree with all said above.

This thread is a nice respite from the Trump scandals.  Bet Marc Zaid is making a mint representing intelligence agency whistleblowers!  Smart dealers might want to send him some tempting opportunities.

5 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

And a great cover too.

That's what I like about this thread...... a lot of books I've never even seen. The fact that it represents an amazing feat by someone I respect is icing on the cake.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Amazing mystery funnies 24

last regular issue of this title. 

Not sure about everybody else here, but I find that the first portion of the AMF run to be far superior from a cover point of view, as compared to the last portion of this run.   (shrug)

Bring on the next run here!  (thumbsu