• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine1 said:

Not sure about everybody else here, but I find that the first portion of the AMF run to be far superior from a cover point of view, as compared to the last portion of this run.   (shrug)

Bring on the next run here!  (thumbsu

Same here, first portion of the cover design is truely outstanding. Love the unique typeface of the title name. 

On Wednesday, February 08, 2017 at 9:15 PM, G.A.tor said:

IMG_4326.JPG

My favourite issue and the only Centaur book I own. Cover very much looks like a promotional poster. The elegant female acrobat in the up to date swimsuit with matching red bathing cap for me takes the cake.

32 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

IMG_4338.JPG

I wonder why they took the trouble of composing a new cover for promotional purpose? Is a printing date known? Note the use of the new typface of the capital letters starting with no. 21.

Probably the biggest movie of 1938 was The Adventures of Robin Hood, I think its likely Centaur took advantage of the moment and rushed the Arrow into Funny Pages 21 to see if it would catch on. Evidently it did and DC soon followed suit no doubt inspired by Centaur's success with a bow armed character.