• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Seen only in pictures 

I think many of the stories were reprinted in keen detective funnies, but this is the only copy I've run across

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

I think many of the stories were reprinted in keen detective funnies, but this is the only copy I've run across

It looks a little like you ran across it.

Muss 'Em Up is a nifty little Will Eisner comic story.

Edited by adamstrange

2 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Muss 'Em Up is a nifty little Will Eisner comic story.

Apparently from a time when Will called himself (or was called by others) Bill. 

That's a great run.  When I put it together I had a remaindered/restored 1, low-mid grade 2, trimmed 3, very nice 6.5 or so 4, and a low-grade & restored 5.  It's funny how your perception of the relative scarcity of books like this can be affected by seeing the same book 2 or 3 times, but I'd guess 2 & 3 are the scarcest, then 4 & 5, and 1 is the most common.  

1 hour ago, buttock said:

It's funny how your perception of the relative scarcity of books like this can be affected by seeing the same book 2 or 3 times, but I'd guess 2 & 3 are the scarcest, then 4 & 5, and 1 is the most common.  

With all due respect, it appears that Gator would disagree with you on this scarcity issue:

On 2/28/2017 at 2:54 PM, G.A.tor said:

1 is actually the most "common" (relative term)

i believe 4 to be rarest. Followed closely by 3 and 2&5 almost as tough. 

Especially since I also own a copy of the "rare" issue #4.  :banana:

But then if we all own a copy of issue #4, then maybe it's as common as dirt.  doh!  :cry: 

There has never been a publicly recorded sale of a certified 4. 

They are all tough after 1. Just splitting hairs. Finding all 5, now that's an accomplishment!

15 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

They are all tough after 1. Just splitting hairs. Finding all 5, now that's an accomplishment!

And an accomplishment which you was able to achieve.

Very well done, sir!!!  :golfclap:

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Congrats Rick.:golfclap:BTW is issue #5 commanding crazy money nowadays? Bruce Wayne prototype. I saw one I think it was ComicLink sometime back. The owner wanted some crazy price for his copy. I don't know if it ever sold though.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, G.A.tor said:

Detective Picture Stories 2

IMG_4391.JPG

Congrats Gator!   Love this run.  These were more challenging for me to find compared to many of the pre-Bat Tecs.