• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Since I have 7 straight hours of basketball in front of me and to get this thread back on track, I present book 6

Amazing man 5

Should need no introduction.

IMG_4240_zpsaaq9gkmg.jpg

:applause:

Glad to see that copy is still in the collection. It's a beaut!

Beautiful! :cloud9:

For Everett/Amazing Man/comics history fans, the text page in Marvel Premiere 15 is a great read. Roy Thomas talks about the origin of Iron Fist as a homage to Everett's A-Man.

Book 7

Another classic that likely needs no introduction.

Amazing man 6

IMG_4242_zpsg8tjlb9h.jpg

My 2nd favorite GA comic of all time, so much so that I own both the Church and Larson copies (I actually prefer the A-Man 6 over the A-Man 5, for several reasons).

Book 7

Amazing man 6

IMG_4242_zpsg8tjlb9h.jpg

My 2nd favorite GA comic of all time, so much so that I own both the Church and Larson copies (I actually prefer the A-Man 6 over the A-Man 5, for several reasons).

Well, in order to remove the hoarder moniker that is now being attached to your name, I am willing to sacrifice myself and be more than willing to take one of them off your hands and won't even charge you anything at all for this service. :takeit:lol

Book 7

Amazing man 6

Actually, they do. :foryou:

I (along with several other lurkers) don't know a thing about the publisher or titles.

Although I'm not interested in collecting them, I do have a great fascination as to what they are about.

More intel, please.

The title is fairly scare. Rarely seen offered for sale with any frequency

Spoken like a true graduated graduate of The Redundancy School of Redundancy! :applause:

you can say that again!

loving this thread g.a.tor--heckuva run.

Book 7

Amazing man 6

IMG_4242_zpsg8tjlb9h.jpg

What's your first favorite?

Book 7

Amazing man 6

IMG_4242_zpsg8tjlb9h.jpg

What's your first favorite?

Batman 4.

Book 7

Amazing man 6

I (along with several other lurkers) don't know a thing about the publisher or titles.

Although I'm not interested in collecting them, I do have a great fascination as to what they are about.

More intel, please.

I second this. Some backstory on these books would be great. I'd love to know more about each one. I'd guess Tabcom and I aren't alone. Moar!

Book 7

Amazing man 6

More intel, please.

I second this. Some backstory on these books would be great. I'd love to know more about each one. I'd guess Tabcom and I aren't alone. Moar!

Here's a little generic background

Amazing-Man (John Aman) is a fictional, American comic book superhero. Historians credit his creation variously to writer-artist Bill Everett or to Everett together with Centaur art director Lloyd Jacquet. Amazing-Man first appeared in Amazing-Man Comics #5 (Sept. 1939)

The character influenced the creation and origin of Charlton Comics' 1960s superhero Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt, as well as Marvel Comics' Iron Fist character in the 1970s.

John Aman is an orphan from the West, chosen for his "superb physical structure" to be raised by benevolent monks in Tibet for the first 25 years of his life. Each member of The Council of Seven, as the monks are known, trained him to a superhuman degree of physical and mental ability, while also giving him the ability via a chemical solution to disappear into a cloud of green mist, earning him the secondary title of the Green Mist. After receiving his final tests, he is sent into the world to use his skills and abilities to do good. Opposing Aman, as he was often known, is his nemesis the Great Question, a disgruntled member of the Council of Seven.

I was very lucky as a kid to read the AM books from my uncle's collection. That was a neat little trick starting #1 @ #5. And always thought the premise of how he was "selected" and given superhuman training was very very cool with those epic & unique physical challenges in the premiere issue. I would say AM covers/art work are my fav out of the whole category. Thanks for sharing this.

One of my all time faves is coming up. Amazing Man #7 scarce, Great cover and splash page and story. To be continued..... Great thread Rick. (worship)

IMG_4269_zpsrypev8xd.jpg