• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

book 5

Fantoman #4

Last issue of the series... tough tough book...won this at auction I believe, and had to way overpay for it, iirc (as much as the 8.0 had sold for years earlier)...and I believe those are the only 2 public sales of the book, so if you need it, and see it, go hard for it!

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

That does not look like a 2.5 :applause:

structurally more in the fn/vf range. Cover detached at bottom staple only issue I believe

book 5

Fantoman #4

Last issue of the series... tough tough book...won this at auction I believe, and had to way overpay for it, iirc (as much as the 8.0 had sold for years earlier)...and I believe those are the only 2 public sales of the book, so if you need it, and see it, go hard for it!

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

structurally more in the fn/vf range. Cover detached at bottom staple only issue I believe

(thumbs u

my kinda book right there!! very cool i dig it

Can anyone comment on the distribution of these comics?

I would imagine they didn't hit newsstands very far beyond the Northeast.

Any evidence they were widely found in the midwest or south?

I can speak to the distribution of Amazing-Man 25...they were apparently all delivered to Ricks address in the future (:

PreHero has pointed out in the past that most GA pedigrees of that era had Centaurs, including Church (CO), Larson (NE), Cosmic Aeroplane (UT), and Reilly (CA), so the myth of poor distribution doesn't stand up.

PreHero has pointed out in the past that most GA pedigrees of that era had Centaurs, including Church (CO), Larson (NE), Cosmic Aeroplane (UT), and Reilly (CA), so the myth of poor distribution doesn't stand up.

agreed. Lost valleys , etc.

The Church and Larson collection both contained numerous issues so that means distribution to the Midwest and West.

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

Seems like a harsh downgrade for just one staple detached.

Since I have 7 straight hours of basketball in front of me and to get this thread back on track, I present book 6

Amazing man 5

Should need no introduction.

IMG_4240_zpsaaq9gkmg.jpg

:applause:

Glad to see that copy is still in the collection. It's a beaut!

PM me when you get to AMF
but you will miss all the amazing fun

IMG_4266_zpsurzhjgm3.jpg

i've started to hoard maybe 3 books in this manner but nothing as coveted as these . Cool thread GAtor. Edited by Sagii

"Tons" of Centaur books coming up in next CC event auction :popcorn:

+1

Yes indeed, looks like they have got some of those very early Star Comics and Star Ranger Comics. :o

Some of them would be the Highest Graded Copies, and this time without the Brittle Pages which was prevalent on the copies that CL had in their last big auction. :cloud9:

Looks like a second chance for gator since he missed out on the books from CL last time. hm

"Tons" of Centaur books coming up in next CC event auction :popcorn:

+1

Yes indeed, looks like they have got some of those very early Star Comics and Star Ranger Comics. :o

Some of them would be the Highest Graded Copies, and this time without the Brittle Pages which was prevalent on the copies that CL had in their last big auction. :cloud9:

Looks like a second chance for gator since he missed out on the books from CL last time. hm

maybe. have to see if any are upgrades for me. I have two early stars with slightly brittle pq but rest are good