• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Book 3

Fantoman 2

This is actually a book that was intended to be the second issue/continuation from Amazing Adventure Funnies

The title is fairly scare. Rarely seen offered for sale with any frequency

IMG_4226_zpstifbl26a.jpg

Detroit Trolley book by any chance?

No, I own that. :)

Book 4

This is Fantoman #3... Oct of 1940

Pretty scarce book as well (only like 4 on cgc census, but I suspect not a lot of centaur collectors are submitting them unless selling)...

Not 100% sure where/when/from whom I got this copy...I know it is generally a more obscure, tougher to acquire book

Good Gustavson stories and art

IMG_4227_zpsn6gmsn9c.jpg

So much better than Fantaman, who got his power from carbonated soda.

book 5

Fantoman #4

Last issue of the series... tough tough book...won this at auction I believe, and had to way overpay for it, iirc (as much as the 8.0 had sold for years earlier)...and I believe those are the only 2 public sales of the book, so if you need it, and see it, go hard for it!

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

Spoken like a true graduated graduate of The Redundancy School of Redundancy! :applause:

book 5

Fantoman #4

Last issue of the series... tough tough book...won this at auction I believe, and had to way overpay for it, iirc (as much as the 8.0 had sold for years earlier)...and I believe those are the only 2 public sales of the book, so if you need it, and see it, go hard for it!

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

Another great book!

Spoken like a true graduated graduate of The Redundancy School of Redundancy! :applause:

:acclaim:

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

I wonder if the GGA aspects of this one attracted some non-Centaur collectors. hm

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

I wonder if the GGA aspects of this one attracted some non-Centaur collectors. hm

Not as much as the strong appeal to sailor cap collectors.

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

Studying that cover, it's a little hard to figure out who's on whose side. hm

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

or the loin cloth legion

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

Nice Rick; I've never seen that one.

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

That does not look like a 2.5 :applause:

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

Nice Rick; I've never seen that one.

first I've owned. Never had it first time

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

That does not look like a 2.5 :applause:

+1

Anything that we are not seeing from the front cover scan that is keeping the book down to only a CGC 2.5 graded copy? ???

book 5

Fantoman #4

IMG_4228_zpsk6vciw0p.jpg

Agree it's a tough issue, I only recently picked up a low grade copy for my run. Appreciate the background details for each copy.

Already know this will be my favorite thread for 2017! :headbang: