• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, media_junkie said:

My middle son (age 11 and he is autistic) watches the "Clone Wars" on Disney+, he doesn't watch them in any short of order, he just enjoys them.  He thinks all the clone troopers are heroes.  Yesterday he wanted to watch the movie "where Anakin turns bad", so I fired up RoTS on Disney +.  We sat there and watched it and it about broke his heart when Clone Trooper Cody (who is a big lead in the Clone Wars Cartoon) turned on Obi Wan.  Anakin turning bad didn't bother him at all, but the clones going bad was a big blow to him.

The shows ability to humanize and give the Clones personality is one of its strengths.  And as others have said, the events that occur throughout the series really changes how the prequel trilogy is viewed.  I just recently finished re-watching the PT's and a lot of the beats REALLY hit differently (in particular Order 66).

That said, Clone Wars is largely divided into arcs.  Hopefully your son is at least watching the episode arcs in order and not truly watching the episodes randomly.

Clone Wars spoiler reference below...

Spoiler

And if he likes the Clones that much, boy...is he in for a rough ride.

2 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

The shows ability to humanize and give the Clones personality is one of its strengths.  And as others have said, the events that occur throughout the series really changes how the prequel trilogy is viewed.  I just recently finished re-watching the PT's and a lot of the beats REALLY hit differently (in particular Order 66).

That said, Clone Wars is largely divided into arcs.  Hopefully your son is at least watching the episode arcs in order and not truly watching the episodes randomly.

Clone Wars spoiler reference below...

Hide contents

And if he likes the Clones that much, boy...is he in for a rough ride.

Spoiler

2B1ECDC2-16C5-4C1B-BDAB-AC451F6EE7BE.thumb.jpeg.46a2821a11cf1d915a961bb679d5bd6f.jpeg2C6ACD31-4D05-4192-AEC2-56A18C0BFD56.thumb.jpeg.d881b50da4be3abe8353dea3db23914e.jpeg

35 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

5341ADB6-071B-4E0F-BF0A-C18F55409A75.thumb.jpeg.a7ac92ca2328e40d1efe93380eb30044.jpeg

:frown:

Spoiler

I almost wish we could get a series exploring Rex after the Clone Wars, but before the Rebellion.  I'm thinking something that leans heavily on the PTSD he must surely be going through after seeing so many of his brothers fall.  I mean, heck, I even feel bad that as soon as he reunites with Echo, they pretty much go their separate ways again.  By the end of the war, he's alone because all his friends are gone.

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:
  Hide contents

I almost wish we could get a series exploring Rex after the Clone Wars, but before the Rebellion.  I'm thinking something that leans heavily on the PTSD he must surely be going through after seeing so many of his brothers fall.  I mean, heck, I even feel bad that as soon as he reunites with Echo, they pretty much go their separate ways again.  By the end of the war, he's alone because all his friends are gone.

Wonder if we will get some of that with Bad Batch. Possible they could cross paths 

While much of today's Investor Day from The Walt Disney Company saw the announcements of all-new titles for the galaxy far, far away, the event also saw the confirmation that Season Three of The Mandalorian is slated to hit Disney+ in time for Christmas 2021. It's unclear if this means we can expect the third season to premiere on December 25, 2021, or if it merely means the third season will be debuting in the time around that holiday. With production on the new season likely not beginning until early 2021, it's also possible that the release date could shift forward or backward slightly.

A third season of The Mandalorian is one of Lucasfilm's worst-kept secrets, as a number of members of the cast and crew have revealed how series creator Jon Favreau has been working on the third season for months. Given the number of spinoffs that were announced that borrowed characters from The Mandalorian, we're left to wonder what the new adventures could explore, as those characters will likely be absent from a third season.

The Investor Day also confirmed that Ahsoka, focusing on Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano, and Rangers of the New Republic would be spinoffs from The Mandalorian. Despite some characters earning their own series, Lucasfilm did confirm that these titles will eventually lead towards a crossover event series, though it's unknown when we can expect that event to occur.

One thing we can likely expect, however, is that Giancarlo Esposito's Moff Gideon will be a major foil in Season Three, which he teased last month.

Definitely the best Star Wars offering in my opinion. I would prefer shorter streaming series to the films at this point. I would love if they created a live action Clone Wars. I've been meaning to ask if other members have an opinion on who the Ewoks thought c3po was in RotJ?