• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

I still have not watched any Mandalorian ( I don't have cable ). Kathleen Kennedy and her decisions on Star Wars The Last Jedi ( horrid movie! ) made my interest in Star Wars disappear.

I don't generally care what celebrities tend to babble about on social media either.

Edited by Artboy99

14 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I still have not watched any Mandalorian ( I don't have cable ). Kathleen Kennedy and her decisions on Star Wars The Last Jedi ( horrid movie! ) made my interest in Star Wars disappear.

I don't generally care what celebrities tend to babble about on social media either.

When have I ever steered you wrong?

30 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Don't need cable for mandalorian. Need disney+. I paid $60/yr. Goes without saying at this point, but it'll give you chills...

There's 4 different Cara Dune figures.

Black Series (Her best figure) Now hitting as high as $225

Black Series Credit collection (Her paint scheme looks like the end credits) Not hard to pick up now for $75

3 3/4 size Vintage collection (The smaller old school size) Not hard to pick up now for $75

Retro Collection (Made to look like the old 70's/80's figures) Not yet released

Sadly no S.H. Figuarts

Edited by Rip

On 2/17/2021 at 3:45 PM, thunsicker said:

This is the kind of thinking that leads one to buying up copies of The Adventures of Obadiah Oldbuck.

4ym559.jpg

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So it look like a Cara Dune action figure did make its way to the market. Currently on ebay at $157 and growing.

That's been out since before Christmas.  It was part of the Black Series release that came out in 2020. 

That's not the figure that is being questioned.  There is a figure that was available for pre-order molded as part of the retro line. 

This is the figure.   It's status is still unknown as it was not due until April 

image.thumb.png.af4410c052656feac93a1cf58fe68556.png

On 2/17/2021 at 8:15 PM, Artboy99 said:

you can watch cuts of the show on  youtube-if those don't get the juices flowing you are truly lost. :) Just ignore the evil Empress. 

Watched the first season of "The Gallery" behind the scenes of The Mandalorian and that was really cool to see "the volume" and how that transformed production of these kinds of shows, to replace green-screens.

Also to see Favreau, Filoni and the other directors and actors (including occasionally Kathleen Kennedy) sitting around chewing the fat about the show, their experiences. Gina seemed very star-struck to be working with Carl Weathers and it really showed her respect for him and for the directors and crew.

They had special FX folks and production designers from the original trilogy talking about their experiences working back then and now, how Lucas had created something that never existed before in this masterpiece of mythology. The musical score was so also explored in depth with (forgot this name) who scored it and created the most reflective, organic and touching soundtrack that still seemlessly connected to the original trilogy.

Several times Filoni had the entire table speechless as he expounded upon the depth and breadth of the Star Wars mythos and lore and it was like everyone, Favreau included were just in awe of Filoni's knowledge and respect for his "getting it" through and through. Also how SO MANY of the 3rd and 4th tier "background characters" of the original trilogy and clone wars were brought into the central forefront of many of these episodes was so cool to see!

One thing that struck me throughout all episodes of The Gallery - no one EVER mentioned the sequel movies. They referred to and had flashback scenes from every single Star Wars canon source from the prequels, Rogue One, the original trilogy, clone wars movie, tv shows, rebels, books etc. etc. but NOTHING ever mentioned about the sequel movies in any way, shape, form, hint or reference - even while Kathleen Kennedy was there LOL (she was indeed a steely ice queen all the way). Nothing about those movies, their production, their special FX... NOTHING was carried over or referred back to those forgotten nightmares. And that was AWESOME. It's like those sequel movies just didn't ever exist whatsoever for any reason in any conversation.

I haven't seen the season two single episode of The Gallery yet, but I look forward to it.

Definite A+ for "The Gallery".

I occasionally try to get angry about Star Wars and the current direction but then I remember that Star Wars has been terrible since 1983 and I stop caring (exception of Rogue One which I thought was an excellent bit of Sci-Fi)

5 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

I occasionally try to get angry about Star Wars and the current direction but then I remember that Star Wars has been terrible since 1983 and I stop caring (exception of Rogue One which I thought was an excellent bit of Sci-Fi)

Let The Hate Flow Through You GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, RedRaven said:

Have you watched Mandalorian yet?