• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Have you watched Mandalorian yet? 

Have not. I'd have to buy Disney+ to watch it and I'm not interested in another subscription for just one show. If it is eventually offered per season or episode as a purchase I will give it a shot.

Fans of Johnson and The Last Jedi have been eager to see the director return to Star Wars. In fact, he recently told Sariah Wilson during an interview that he would love to direct an episode of Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

"I asked Rian if he'd ever consider doing an episode of The Mandalorian," Wilson tweeted. "He said he was dying to, but that for him it's all about scheduling. He's been writing [Knives Out 2] and now he's going to go directly into filming it. So it would be a matter of finding time to break away and do it. He said he has spoken to Dave Filoni about it. He had gone and visited the set during Season 1. He said it was so cool and I told him I was very jealous. He had seen 'Baby Yoda' months before the reveal."

Wilson continued, "He said it was fascinating seeing the way that they're shooting the show. He asked if I'd seen BTS stuff (of course I have). He said when he was standing there in that space and they did the thing where they moved the camera and the perspective on the screen shifted he said he almost fell over. You get vertigo. That it's almost like virtual reality. That it's fascinating and feels so real when you're standing there. It's really interesting to see how it translates onscreen."

:whistle:

So the show takes place after Return but before the last 3 films?

Speaking of the last 3 films, I would have much rather seen a war with midicholrions than what made it on screen.

Gina Carano may no longer be a part of the Lucasfilm family, but that's not stopping Disney from pushing for the actor to get an Emmy. Over the weekend, Disney's Emmys' "For Your Consideration" marketing materials surfaced online, and the controversial actor is included in the Mouse's push for this year's Emmy Awards. On the poster circulating for The Mandalorian, Carano is listed under the "Best Supporting Actress" category, despite being fired from the company earlier this year.

The same FYC poster lobbies for Pedro Pascal as Best Lead Actor, and Giancarlo Esposito and Temuera Morrison for Best Supporting Actor. The show then has a dozen or so guest stars listed for consideration as well.

mandalorian-s2-emmy-awards-1267609.jpeg.c2b44e3082fcc59774c082a455c04837.jpeg

Dave Filoni is now the Creative Executive Director at Lucasfilm, which means big things for himself, Star Wars, and other Lucasfilm projects.

Dave Filoni got a big promotion at Lucasfilm. Filoni, who got his start on hit animated series like King of the Hill and Avatar: The Last Airbender, was picked by George Lucas himself to help develop Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The series became a fan-favorite and since then, after the purchase of Lucasfilm by The Walt Disney company, Filoni has helped create various Star Wars series, including Star Wars: Rebels, The Mandalorian, and most recently, Star Wars: The Bad Batch.

Filoni currently is overseeing multiple Star Wars series based on The Mandalorian. Filoni is a writer and executive producer on The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and Rangers of the New Republic, which will all crossover with each other to create a unique corner of Star Wars storytelling that fills in the gaps between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. His knowledge of Star Wars, his years at the company, as well as his close relationship with various creatives and executives, seems to have paid off as he has recently received a major promotion.

According to the official Lucasfilm website, Filoni is now listed under the company's leadership as Executive Creative Director. While Filoni's status on various Star Wars projects has been an Executive Producer, it has been on a case by case basis. Now, he is listed under official leadership and will report directly to Kathleen Kennedy on various projects for Lucasfilm, and will lend a helping hand to all projects the studios develop for theatrical and streaming distribution.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:34 AM, Angel of Death said:

So, they admit that she's great at her job, but are canning her nonetheless? Stupid is as stupid does.

agree that this is blatant hypocrisy. however, i cannot recall her uttering a single believable line in the entire show. she's not a good actress, and if the whole kerfuffle had never happened, she still would have had zero chance of winning an acting emmy.