• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

The Mandalorian to Air on ABC, Freeform, and FX

Star Wars' The Mandalorian was one of the flagship TV series that helped launch the streaming service Disney+, but for those fans who have opted not to sign up for the platform in the years since its debut, you'll be able to check out the first episode later this month on linear networks. ABC, Freeform, and FX will all be airing the debut episode of the series, "Chapter 1: The Mandalorian," the week leading up to the Season 3 premiere of The Mandalorian on Disney+. The series premiere of The Mandalorian will air on these networks on February 24th at 8 p.m. ET.

The episode is described, "In the lawless aftermath of the collapse of the Galactic Empire, an armored bounty hunter known only as the Mandalorian takes on a well-paying yet cryptic assignment."

The upcoming Season 3 of the series is described, "The journeys of the Mandalorian through the Star Wars galaxy continue. Once a lone bounty hunter, Din Djarin has reunited with Grogu. Meanwhile, the New Republic struggles to lead the galaxy away from its dark history. The Mandalorian will cross paths with old allies and make new enemies as he and Grogu continue their journey together."

The series stars Pedro Pascal, Katee Sackhoff, Carl Weathers, Amy Sedaris, Emily Swallow, and Giancarlo Esposito.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:03 PM, drotto said:

How much do I need to struggle through Book of Bobba Fett to understand what is going on in Mando 3?

There are like 3 episodes that focus on Mando and Grogu. You really only need to watch those. Maybe the last 10 minutes of the finale as well. 

On 3/2/2023 at 1:03 PM, drotto said:

How much do I need to struggle through Book of Bobba Fett to understand what is going on in Mando 3?

Episodes 5 and 6 are pretty much all Mando and you definitely won’t struggle thru those.  

On 3/1/2023 at 7:48 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Awesome episode.

glad this TV show is back!

(worship)

+1 for episode 1 season 3. Return of the Apollo Creed actor, good upbeat heroic soundtrack, interesting closing art credits too.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:14 PM, bentbryan said:

C375493F-315A-4307-AD61-67D03DC54011.jpeg

That’s funny.  

Pirates played a pretty big role in Star Wars Resistance. I’m wondering if we get a little bit of backstory to the pirates we saw during that short-lived series. It’s worth revisiting if anyone gave up on it. It does get better as the series progresses. 

On 3/4/2023 at 8:58 AM, awakeintheashes said:

That’s funny.  

Pirates played a pretty big role in Star Wars Resistance. I’m wondering if we get a little bit of backstory to the pirates we saw during that short-lived series. It’s worth revisiting if anyone gave up on it. It does get better as the series progresses. 

These pirates completely take me out of the show, they are too cartoon like for live action.

On 3/4/2023 at 12:42 PM, mtracy64 said:

I didn't make it halfway through the first episode of Resistance, and I've since decided that the entire First Order era is dead to me . . . no comics, no novels, nothing.

I get that, and I was the same way, but I was bored and decided to give it another go. It takes 3/4 of the first season to get to the point, but it honestly gets good. Season two is completely different except for the characters. Setting, plot, motivation, all different and compelling. It was getting real close to doing TFA a lot of justice. 

I don’t blame anyone for passing on it, but it gets quite good. It’s not rebels, but it’s better than anything that graced the big screen as it relates to the sequels. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 3/4/2023 at 10:52 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I get that, and I was the same way, but I was bored and decided to give it another go. It takes 3/4 of the first season to get to the point, but it honestly gets good. Season two is completely different except for the characters. Setting, plot, motivation, all different and compelling. It was getting real close to doing TFA a lot of justice. 

I don’t blame anyone for passing on it, but it gets quite good. It’s not rebels, but it’s better than anything that graced the big screen as it relates to the sequels. 

I did read a few of the early novels from the sequel era but really only enjoyed Bloodline. The last two films killed any interest I had in the characters and overall storyline - if I cared about those things, I would give Resistance another shot. I took to all the Clone Wars shows very quickly and had enjoyed the comics and novels from that era also. I took me some time to warm up to Rebels, but I stuck with it, and it did become really good after a while. At their best, Clone Wars and Rebels are the best Star Wars material there is in my opinion.

On 3/4/2023 at 11:49 PM, mtracy64 said:

At their best, Clone Wars and Rebels are the best Star Wars material there is in my opinion.

I’m right there with you. I always go back to clone wars. I’d add Andor Season 1 to that list now as well.